Suggestions for a ~50€ (~60$) Flashlight

Yeah i can see :weary:

Unfortunately i “had” to buy the m2r because in like 20 minutes the deal would’ve ended…Beside it’s on amazon, in case i don’t like it or i think it’s too much for me i could always send it back, and maybe look for something more suitable?

Let me add another light to your list, Klarus XT2CR.
On mine I have removed the metal cover over the secondary switch so it won’t activate in my pocket (very easy to do, just remove two pins).

Edit: So, you got M2R, it’s a very good choice, enjoy it :beer:

Aw just checked this, seems like a contender with the m2r? Same led, roughly same stats? Is it better?

They both are quality lights with interesting UIs and I think it’s mostly a matter of personal preference.

Alright then, ehm, a thing, what does UI mean exactly? :smiley:

I already bought the m2r, but i’m also well interested in huge flashlights too! Care to share the coupon you’re talking about? :wink: I might get this too, since i’m watching the review…This thing is absolutely incredible and surely can come in handy in different situations compared to the m2r

:smiley: User interface

Ok, but how does that apply here? :smiley: I mean what exactly is meant with UI in flashlights?

I will give you an example, BLF Q8 has one sweeet user interface. One click it turns on at the level you left it. When you hold the on/off switch it increases / decreases the brightness gradualy. The way you interact with the flashlight, the way it accepts your orders and the way it responds is the user interface. Now, BLF A6 has also a sweeet but different user interface. One click on/off, half clicks to switch modes (4/7, user programmable). That’s another UI.

Ok it’s very clear now thanks!

Before recommending a light it would be helpful to know the following:

• How do you intend to use the light? Primarily for up-close use or for outdoors looking at things in the distance?
  • How do you intend to carry your light? Do you want something small that fits in your pocket for everyday use? Will you use a belt holster? or some other arrangement?

Check out On The Road store on AliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ON-THE-ROAD-U18-Mini-LED-rechargeable-flashlight-wholesale-ew-Arrival-Great-Value-led-torch-flashlight/32829985590.html

They have some quality USB rechargeable lights . Wait for a sale and you can get the U18 for $25. Very nice, pocketable 18650 FL.

How do you intend to use the light? Primarily for up-close use or for outdoors looking at things in the distance?

A bit of both, a bit less outdoors i guess, but well…

How do you intend to carry your light? Do you want something small that fits in your pocket for everyday use? Will you use a belt holster? or some other arrangement?

I don’t mind, i don’t need a holster i guess that pretty much any of those discussed in the thread will do, maybe not the Q8, but i guess reasonably sized.

But anyway for now i’ll just wait the m2r, see how it goes with that…

I got one of these last week in a Giveaway and absolutely love it!!!

Here’s the review and you find there the links for (almost) all of the reviews of that light: “REVIEW”: Olight M2R Warrior – XHP35 (NW version) - 1500 lumens – Dual Switch
You will not regret getting that flashlight!

BTW: Zanfare F1 is pretty nice; Wuben TO46R is nice! If you want a “hot rod” look at the Emisar D4 :wink:

I’ll surely check that out, thanks!

Hi.
You’ll go forever once you start with these things. seriously.
Wife says the next torch through the door. and she will cut up my card. (No more paypal)
There’s 2 in post and a battery pack at present (shhhh)

That Q8 is a Top line. powerful torch. But size/shape of a coke can and heavy.
I have a Skyray King 9 led. which is same size.weight. Less power but still good.
$26ishAUD from memory. Del
Also a L6 with shaved LED and Smooth reflector. $88+10reflector + $25 2 x Batt’s.
That shines further than I can see, in focus.

The longer (Multi cell) body and larger head.
I find easier to carry longer term and much more comfortable in hand
with the side, rather than rear switches…

I’ve bought both medium price. $200plus and $8 torches.
and have found the better no name. Sofurn. Astrolux. Convoy. Skyray etc.
are usually as good or almost. as the top line, pricey models. In usage.

Basically. Do you want a Name. and a good torch, (usually, but not always)
Or a Good torch developed or improved enormously, with reliability.
by fella’s on here. at a much more sensible price.

My home/garden Walkabout now.
Is an Astrolux S41 with ext tube and 18650 cell (4 x LED) $47 AUD Del.
Happy with beam and Nichia LED.
Some modify to triple and different LEDS to improve throw.

Outside, Walkabout. is an Imalent DN35, ($47AUD on coupon) .
Serious. is a Skyray King 9 LED, 4 x 18650 cells.
or now. new Convoy L6 Modified (Yesssss) See above for pricing.
Bedroom. a little Jetbeam Jet1 MK Pro. around $15AUD del. on coupon.

Plus another 20 or so intermediates.
THEY…… are the ones that get you into trouble with the wife (if married)
You get away with, say, 3 safely. After that. whoops. look out.
Check your balls occasionally Chuckle.

Anyway. It’s a great interest. specially on here.
Above are only my choice.
Enjoy.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Huge thanks for sharing all this. For now, no wife, so… :wink:

With integrated charger, Zanflare F1 or Nitefox UT20. Both quite nice, got a few of each.

If built-in charging isn’t a dealbreaker, the Sofirn SP32A v2. It kicks arse.

I reviewed both the UT20 and SP32Av2, so just goggle around for more details. All 3 should be top contenders.

Might get the SP32A v2 as a spare flashlight…Looks like its only downside is not having a integrated usb charger but whatever…

Kewl. Definitely have a look at the F1 and UT20, though.