Suggestions to buy a new 18650 Flashlight (UPDATE - Zanflare F1 and Sofirn SP32)

Fwiw, about the Zanflare F1…

That’s, like, damned good. :smiley:

Damn that’s a great deal. I paid $29.99 three weeks ago. $21 is super buy.

That does seem to be a problem with this torch, everyone is out of stock or more pricey. Although I do know Fasttech sell them and it can be had for $34.95 with BLF code, downside is sometimes you have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get it in stock before they ship it. I’ve had two U11’s from Fasttech and both arrived fine.
They are definitely my favourite compact lights for sure, I like them better than my zanflare, the matte anodising and form factor feel great to hold, and the amount programming modes and overall quality of these lights are insane for it’s price. :money_mouth_face:

Only thing I realised from the op list is it doesn’t really have direct access to the turbo, it does however have memory, so when left in turbo last you have access to moon light with short press and turbo with long press. :slight_smile:

Hi !

First of all, thanks for everyone’s input and FL suggestions! You’ve been kind to reply to what I asked, and I’m very grateful!
Last night I saw some other reviews and I made my mind! Bearing in mind all the conditions, I will opt to buy a Zanflare F1. I considered the specs, the price and the use I’ll have for the it and I think that Zanflare has some good settings and also has a very good price.
Now I’ll see where will I order it!
So, thank you all again :+1: :wink: :slight_smile:

@Lightbringer
Thanks for the info and that is a really great deal. But, as the other Amazon stores, US store does not ship to Portugal. I will ask Zanflare member why and how can I solve it. And if it doesn’t ship by Amazon, I guess I’ll have to try GB.
Also, thanks for all the info as Zanflare user, it led me in the right way :+1:

@Lj~~_~~
Yeah, the problem of the U11 is that is a bit out of budget right now. But that or the new Manker E14II (that I guess that has instant access to turbo!!!) are under observation for a close future. :nerd_face:
The operation modes are incredible and as I’m already familiarised with it, through the Manker E11, I guess they will be a must have :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion as well :+1:

I’ll let you know all what I think of the Zanflare F1 when I get it :sunglasses:

Thank you all (for the patience, as well) and best regards!!
:slight_smile:

Yeah, Fasttech seems the only place within your budget for the U11, Shame non of the others have stock, I think GB have stopped selling it as it’s been out of stock for months.
The zanflare is still a great torch, I do like mine alot and you can’t go wrong with the current discounted prices. :+1:

I’ve been reading BLF forum for years and these guys definitely know their stuff, I’ve always based my purchases on BLF member recommendations.

Yup, so far only Fasttech has it! I guess I’ll wait some more time and check if other sellers lower their prices! The U11 will be awesome to use! But not right now… :smiley:

BTW, does anyone have videos or photos from a Zanflare with the 4500-5000k tint?
Lightbringer indicated that it would be better to order the Cool White version, as the Neutral White would be greenish. However, here ( Review (Quick) Zanflare F1 Neutral White ) the NW seems good. It was , so far, the only picture of a NW version I found…

My Convoys S2+ have a CW version (LED U2-1A) and a warmer tint (LED T6-4C), and I like this last one.
So, I would like to see any other example of the Zanflare in the warmer tint!

Thanks in advance! :+1:

And yes, BLF members really rock! I do respect you a lot!!! :slight_smile: :+1:

The emitter can be perfectly fine, but elsewhere in the above thread I pointed out others’ observations that AR glass is what greens up the tint. Some not so bad, others horrible.

If I could just pop off the head and replace the AR glass with clear, I think it’s be pretty much the perfect light.

This is one unfortunate case where using better components ends up munging up things.

The CW is still lightly greened, but it makes the hotspot just look a bit warmer, with a slight greenish halo around the hotpsot. Not all that objectionable. But with NW, when it’s starting out “warmer”, pushing it even greener really brings out those nice spring greens, y’know?

I have F1 NW, and I can confirm that tint isn’t really nice, it’s very yellowish towards to green. Something like dedomed XM-L2, but it’s good for outside applications… Inside not really pleasant to my eyes. Very good flashlight for the money, but hardly my first choice for tint and EDC usage.

Thanks for your info on this, Lightbringer and NikolaS !
Altough I may like the NW maybe on this one I’ll get the CW, for a better use inside and outside!
:+1:
Thanks!

My favorite EDC is Eagle Eye X5R XPL HI. I orderd from Ali 4500K tint and it is nice. Also bought diffuzer from Nitecore which fits perfect.

Well, the AR glass will “warm” the beam a little, so “CW” will be more like NW, and “NW” will end up more like WW.

I actually dislike CW that’s on the blue side of “cool”, eg, 6500K or higher. But this CW warms to more of a NW because of the AR glass.

If you go white-wall hunting, you’ll see the various shades and tints that make up the different parts of the beam. In practice, the warmed-CW looks pretty good. Yeah, there’s the greenish-yellow halo around the hotspot that I keep going on about, but it’s not bad in practice. Overall, it’s not a bad color.

Maybe I’m just getting used to it, but I’m kinda softening on it.

Stick with “CW”, you’ll be happy. :smiley:

Zanflare F1 is a nice light, but the original poster is looking for a pocket EDC.

Zanflare F1 is relatively large for a tube light. Personally, I consider it much too big for pocket EDC. Perhaps something a bit shorter and thinner like a DQG Tiny 18650 might be a better choice even if the output is lower.

And he’s getting an F1, so stop causing trouble! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hey, some people consider a C8 a pocket-light. Maybe if I were wearing cargo-pants…

I pocketted an S2+ for a long time, and it’s about as heavy as an F1. The SP31 is a bit lighter. Tubelights are quite easy to pocket, imo. No big honkin’ head to stick out like you’re carrying a citrus fruit in your pocket.

That’s why I holster my ’502. Easy access, don’t gotta worry about it sliding down to my hips when I sit down (man, how I hate that…), and it ain’t weighing down my pockets.

When I go outside, I’ll “pocket” an F13 in my basketball-shorts (elastic waistband, so no belt, thus no holster).

Everything’s relative…

Not that anyone asked me but I pocket a ontheroad m6 in my small key pocket of my pants. It’s perfect edc if you want to carry a 18650 light… it’s super thin …before that was the m3 but it’s nice to have the battery life of the m6 at work

Hey what’s the coupon code for the two bucks off?maybe I missed it but thanks

It’s a store coupone for buying over 15$ you get 2$ off. Sofirn SP31 tactical flashlight, I received my yesterday and I am very happy with it so far…
Really nice deal!

Hey there!

@Tangra
I took a look at those Eagle Eye, even when I was buying my first Convoy S2, because of the design and the features. I guess that somewhere in the middle I was driven to the S2. This time, although I’ve seen the Eagle Eye again, I guess it found some other features I liked the most in the F1.
But, starting to be a flashaholic, I guess someday I’ll go through all of those and mount a collection :smiley:

@Lightbringer
Yeah, in the end I ordered the Zanflare with the CW tint. I’ll wear it predominantly at really dark outside environment and I guess that it will be better to have CW, even with those slight NW characteristics you mentioned.
I didn’t receive it yet, but whe I do, I’ll let you know what I think! But…for that price and that power…I guess I’m already “flared” :sunglasses:

@Firelight
Indeed, at first, I was looking for a more compact EDC like the DQG and others, but I guess that when the suggestions emerged I realized that a more powerful and not so much compact thing would suit me.
As mentioned above, my use for it will be in dark outside environment, so power and a bit throw when needed will make it nicer for me! And also, the in-built charger is a plus once I will wear it in a place where I don’t have any battery charger. I wasn’t looking for it at first, but then I realized that it would be a good thing to have that feature!
For my real EDC I normally use the Manker E11 or one of the Convoy S2+ in the 18350 version.
Thanks for the suggestion , though! :+1:

@mezzmen
I thought about the OTR M6 or the Astrolux E02, for example, but the other things I mentioned above drove me
in another direction. I ain’t “one direction” fan :smiling_imp:
Still, that one is on my mind for a while. Specially when I saw that I could have a kind of an “Olight” design, for less than a third of money and with the same power :smiley:
Thanks!

@NikolaS
Hummm…Although I have my Zanflare on the way, everyday I take a look at Sofirn store on AliExpress. The SP31 and the SP32 are NIIIIICE!!! I guess I’ll have to buy one of those… Or both, eventually, in a close the future! They are pretty nice, and not expensive, and the UIs…I like them!
So, I don’t know if I’ll resist. Please, when you have the time, let us know what you think about the SP31 :slight_smile:

BTW, in my continuous search for light, I “found” the Nitenumen TA01 and the Jetbeam MS-R25, that sound pretty good :+1:
Maybe someone wants to take a look if needed !

Regards and thanks people!!

After the Zanflare F1…there’s a Sofirn SP32 on the way!…
I guess I’ll light the neighbourhood every day and night :smiley: :sunglasses:
Thanks for all the suggestions and reviews :+1:

Now you just need a nice S2+ to complete the set… :smiley:

Eheheh, you mean…another S2+ :wink:
I’m just seeing when do we have more news about the “desert tan” version to see if I’ll buy that one or the clear version with the XPL HI !
But you’re right, another one is missing and after that… I guess I’ll be glowing in the dark myself :smiley:
When we start walking the path of “lights”, there’s no turning back :smiley: