Suitable hosts for 24mm quad optics.

If your gonna do that no reason not to use the LEDIL cute quad optic. After seeing the MT swap just posted I’m sure it would work with 4 emitters wires 2s2p for 6v total.

I must’ve lost on the shipping lottery, because mine has been stuck in Guangzhou since 9/20/2014 (coming, hopefully, eventually to the east coast U.S.).

Good point. That makes it a pretty mild boost, which might be easier on the driver (I do not know). Potentially a person could maintain the advantage of the boost driver (consistent output) while getting better efficiency… I’d guestimate that efficiency might improve by 1–4 when compared to 3s1p.

New host I’ll be using (I’ll be doing another RGBW MELD light with the charger port filled with a 5mm UV LED)

Ultrafire AT-008

Can you post some more detailed pics of the inside of the head of that at-008? It is giving be some ideas.

I know it is a very-low budget light, but hey, that quad optic looks great in there!!

Interesting stuff Cereal_killer, thanks for the pointer. Will it be a high-end 5mm UV LED?

Serifus, I hadn’t heard of the light before Cereal_killer brought it up but it looks like there’s some good pics around here:

This thing really kind of looks like a winner as an 18650 quad host…!

FYI head is completely hollow.

I had seen that, I was just wondering if making a solid pill for it would be within my means or not. The lathe I have access to can not do threads.

Yes that wouldn’t be a problem, could even make it out of copper disks stacked and solderer together. No threading needed.