Suitable Nichia LED for XML/2 replacement

Hello,

I purchased some time ago a HC60 headtorch, it has a reasonable tint XML2 in (maybe 1C)

Is there a Nichia replacement that has the same footprint as the XML2?

Thank you.

Do you want high CRI or just a better tint

XML2 U3-3D is really nice pure white

Review: Nitecore HC60 - Budda's comments on swapping the emitter

Bitchy operation that seems to be. I don't like that.

Kaidomain recently got these Cree XM-L2 T3 7A3 Warm White 3000K - 3250K CRI90 LED Emitters in stock. I have one coming home on the slow boat for a friend's headlamp enhancement.

We'll see.

Cheers ^:)

I personally like the 4C tint.

I personally hope FINALLY headlamp and flashlight manufacturer start using HI CRI NICHIA emitters. :+1:
Enough “angry blue” cool tint. :rage:

Cheers guys i ordered a U3 3D from intl outdoor.

I did try a 4000k XML2 and found it a bit yellow for my liking, which is why i love the nichia 219b/c as they have a perfect neutral tint.

Ps, desoldering the chip is easy with a heatgun just take anything off that might melt!

I have a cheap ‘yupard’ headlamp (with modded optics = flood) and recently put a 219C 4000K in it on a 3 mode 3x 7135 driver, and it’s so much better than the XP-G2 3D that i put in previously.

But now i face the same problem with my DQG Tiny 4.
XM-L2 on driver PCB, but i want a 219C on it.
First attempt to make an adapter MCPCB failed…
How to bake a 3535 on a 5050 footprint?
I have a XM-L2 5D i could use, but it’s nowhere near the light quality of the 219C…
I swapped the cold white XM-L2 in my Skilhunt H15 for a 5A2, and it too is not what i hoped…
Cree makes my skin look yellowish green (or greenish yellow).
Cree sucks a little…
Their cooler whites are okay and very bright though. :slight_smile:

3D is a nice neutral tint, you’ll like it. For future reference though, Nichia 219b/c emitters are also available in a range of tints. You can’t assume that just cause its a Nichia its got neutral tint. If you can find the full binning on the emitter in question, Nichia uses an SW code for the temp, and its much simpler to decode than Cree’s. SW50’s are going to be ~5000K, pretty neutral. SW45s = 4500K, SW40s = 4000K, etc. You can find SW57s too, which are slightly cool although not usually “angry” blue.

They’re all 3535-package size though, and none of them will fit on your XM-L2 mcpcb, so you’ve definitely done the easiest thing and just stuck with an XM emitter in a nicer tint.

Cheers all :slight_smile: