SUNDAY ONLY SALE- "Black Frost" 2.16W 445nm $200 shipped, WL E2 Evo (FDA Approved), Lazerer Stick -TRADES WELCOME- PRICE DROP

China doesn’t follow usa laws.
Buy any laser you want, no safety features.

If you want it, chinese sites do also carry lasers with all the FDA safety features. Keyswitch, interlock, beam shutter and power on delay. Lab style, handheld or even in slim pointer style.
Whatever you want, china will provide.

BTW WL E2 has a safety pin in it so it has FDA approval, just in case anyone is seriously concerned over safety laws. BTW if laws were such a huge issue and lasers were illegal then LPF wouldnt exist and no one would possess these lasers……just saying, they are not illegal at all. Only what you do with them can be illegal

Whatever you want, china will provide…………might want to finish that sentence but ill do it for you…………CRAP!

There are only a handful of trusted chinese laser sellers, LaserBtb being one of them. 100mW 532nm laser from LaserBtb is $188.40 + Shipping, 1.6W 445nm laser is $314 + shipping. Quality costs money!!! These are not cheap lasers, especially the custom built “black frost”. Lazerer provided good quality budget lasers and then fell off the face of china……no one can reach them anymore, guessing their profits got killed and they tried to hide it with junk and were discovered. My lazerer was a few months prior to them switching suppliers so it is the quality budget laser. WL has a quality host but their modules and diodes are under spec. dodesnt mean they are bad, just means when they sell a 2W laser, you will get a 1-1.5W laser for a over inflated price to begin with. The E2 cost over $100 new iirc.

Its similar to lights……china can provide a good replica or they can provide a scrap piece of crap.

Too true with china. Especially with lasers.
Advertised output is a lie. 99.9% of buyers can’t test output, no reason to not make it up and inflate sales. Heatsinking can be non-existent.

Didn’t know Lazerer disappeared, haven’t kept up. Didn’t really go for complete lasers, only diodes or 532 modules. Lazerer was the one that gave an individual LPM measurement with each laser (for a fee), right?

edit
I recall reading some reports of horrible WL quality control during the arctic’s initial run.

Honestly, WL’s FDA safety features are a bit of a joke to me. Designed just to side step the regulations so they can claim they are legal. Looking at their lasers its hard to find the key or interlock. Key hidden as part of the tail so it ‘looks cool’ and doesn’t bother the buyer. I bet many never remove it and some don’t even realize it has a key! A key doesn’t help the safety if its designed to be ignored.
Not much of a WL fan. I do admit I always liked the appearance of the arctic (and others) tho.

Yeah, but as I have found out, Lazerer’s LPM was crap and not on spec. Thats another story and I wont get into it since im not a LaserBee fan.

That is the BIGGEST problem with chinese sellers or sellers in general. All of my lasers are personally metere by myself on a new Ophir 5W sensor connected to a Delta Rubicon. Lazerer had a good run and I hope Max can return to his previous state but at this point im over buy lasers. Ill build them, more satisfying and can make them how I want.

I agree, WL is the shittiest company ever and is such a bad influence on the laser hobby. “oh look we now have ‘light saber’ attachments. Use your Arctic and fight your friends!” Great idea, fight friends with high powered lasers!

I didnt buy the WL from WL and would never directly give them my money! Got it off a dealer who was trying to get rid of his E2s so he could stock the new Cores. I told him to cut his ties with those scumbags and find a new manufacture like LaserBtb and afaik he did cut his ties :smiley:

Yeah the safety features may be round about way to be FDA approved but they work. The smart code on the arctic is stupid but it works. the safety pin on the E2 for sale is the best safety feature WL has IMHO. pull it out and the laser will never work even with batteries in. put it back in and BAM! works

All lasers are still for sale, offers are welcome….must go by the end of the weekend! bills are coming in and i need the cash. flashlights might have to wait if i cant sell all of these

BUMP- My TV sale fell through so need cash for bills now :frowning: Want these gone by the end of the weekend or Im in a little trouble and going to be hitting friends up for cash to pay bills :~

That's a really good deal on the WL E2 Evo.

I'm no fan of WL but they do make nice hosts, and I've seen just the host itself, laser not working go for about that much.

Forget who it was but a member on LPF was wanting to trade his/sell it and he wanted same as mine iirc but you could tell it was a EDC with the anodize wear and scratchs. These lasers are all in perfect shape and are stored in a padded case at all times

IE- Your making me want to raise that WL price just a hair :wink: nah I wont do that to you guys!

Anyone want “action” shots of a laser just let me know and il get that. Buyer is alsp provided with output graphs for personal records

Price drop for you guys! 445nm is a killer laser! You cant get a better deal than this. Dave over on LPF just sold 4 similar lasers for this price and they all went in a under a week! :frowning: Mine needs to go now

PMs responded to

As you know by now I’n totally new at lasers. Yours looks excellently put together. I have seen 200mW, and seen it hit a target visibly over 2 miles away. I can’t begin to imagine what yours must be like! Mind boggling. Caution inspiring. Irresistable! Good luck!

I have taken the advice in the laser power forum and read the safety section and I am withdrawing from this purchase. I am not willing to risk my eyes for the type of work I was wanting to do with this laser. My opinion, only for me.

“Black Frost” 2.16W 445nm
PM sent already.

Hmm, thats odd. The one who is safer is someone who researched safety precautions rather then one who hasn’t, thinking they already know.

Sounds like you might have leaped in a bit soon. What kind of work did you want a 2W 445nm laser for? For commercial work one usually wouldn’t go for that kind of laser.
The WL E2 Evo 532nm (green) would likely be more appropriate for most commercial uses.

He wanted to melt plastic back together but lasers would burn the plastic anyways.

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE- PLEASE READ IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION BEING CLEARED UP HERE- I fully understand people be very cautious with lasers, I am very careful when I use mine so I get it. The only misconception people have about lasers is that there is no safe way to use them. This is the farthest thing from correct and there are plenty of companies who manufacture laser safety glasses. You can get a pair of OD7 glasses and literately 0 light will pass through them of a 2W 445nm laser

You can check this out at http://www.thorlabs.com/NewGroupPage9.cfm?ObjectGroup_ID=762, they manufacture and sell some of the best laser glasses available and have a great chart showing what each OD rating means but to make it easier I have copied it below:

OD Transmittance
0.0 100%
1.0 10%
2.0 1%
3.0 0.1%
4.0 0.01%
5.0 0.001%
6.0 0.0001%
7.0 0.00001%
8.0 0.000001%
9.0 0.0000001%

The 445nm is 2160mW so OD 4 rating would allow 21.6mW through, OD 5 would allow 2.16mW, OD 6 would be 0.216mW, etc……. Keep in mind, 5mW is what the doctors say is the safe limit for your eyes. Anything more may put strain on your eyes and cause discomfort. Anything way over 5mW can cause damage. Say you bought a pair of ThorLabs or LaserGlow OD 7 glasses (I have a pair of these), a mere 0.0216mW would be going into your eyes.

Lasers can be used safely with ZERO risk to your vision as long as you wear the safety glasses when using indoors, while burning, around reflective surfaces, etc…. Night gazing or star pointing then there is no need for glasses, just enjoy the laser

Oem makes a really nice certified laser glasses too.
ARG lens: OD 7+ 190-532nm 48% VLT
edit
Looks like oem is back ordered at the moment.

YES, OEM is another great place for quality glasses. I have the LG and also eagle pair glasses then have some cheaper ones that i have for when friends want to see the laser. HOWEVER cheaper doesnt mean cheap, I WOULD NEVER GIVE FRIENDS SOMETHING I WOULDNT WEAR MYSELF!!!

Have you tried your 2W 445 against uvex SCT-orange glasses? One blocked 1.25W (using a peltier style LPM at least).
Against 2W I wouldn’t want SCT-orange unless the pair was individually tested.

Link to test please?

The reason I ask, is I have tested a bunch of these goggles, and use them on a fairly regular basis.

Thats the spare pair i have for guests…actually have a few. Yes ive tested them all. I have a box of 12 glasses I bought, hoping they would protect against the 405-532nm spectrum and guess what 5-15% blocked……JUNK!!! So now I have 12 safety glasses for construction workers that I need to sell :frowning:

The UVEX i have are OD 4 and OD 5 based on my tests. Tested against 532nm, 405nm and 445nm. Obviously dont block and 650nm. Thats the norm for the tests found by LPF members. I know Apex did a bunch of testing on those a while back

EDIT: Ill post results of my flashlights on the LPM later tonight. I metered my Convoy C8 before and it was over 100mW (forget the exact so ill have to remeter all my lights to show how bright those are as well.

Just like you wouldnt hold a light in front of your face and click it on, you wouldnt do it with a laser! OH THAT JUST MADE ME THINK OF SOMETHING. Ill test the light with safety glasses as well and see what effect they have on blocking light. Im guessing the UVEX are around 48% for a flashlight

Perhaps you should add that to the OP?

@ InfinitusEquitas
I guess after 12K… lpf posts one can’t recall every thread… Even if you’ve posted in it! :smiley: :beer:
Tho perhaps that wasn’t you. You could be an InfinitusEquitas impostor. :davie:
Cheap Safety Glasses - TESTED

I’m sure SCT-orange may perform differently from one pair to the next since they aren’t certified or anything.