SunLike10xss SOL Ultra High CRI vs. Waveform Lighting A19 Centric Home/Daylight?

I’m interested in getting some insight from people who actually used both of the above bulbs about the pros and cons of SunLike10xss SOL Ultra High CRI vs. Waveform Lighting A19 Centric Home/Daylight (specifically 4K color temperature).

From what I’ve gathered the price range seems similar on both bulbs - with SunLike costing around $4 more per bulb + $6 shipping fee. When purchasing several bulbs at a time the shipping fee doesn’t really increase price per bulb since you pay only $6 per order, not per bulb. Additionally, if you get the SOL version (which seems to have higher quality output compared to SAW) the cost comes down to $19 per bulbs. So it’s really only a $1 difference in price between the two bulbs. However, if you buy WaveForm in pack of 6 the cost per bulb comes down to $14.80 which is $5+ less per bulb so it is a significant savings compared to SunLike.

WaveForm ships from the USA so it is likely to arrive much faster than SunLike which might take a couple of weeks to arrive. However, this is only a problem if one is in a rush. I think the main question is about the quality of light produced and whether it is noticeably easier on the human eye.

According to this thread: Sunlikelamp.com SunLike10xss SOL Ultra High CRI E27 LED bulb (2700/3200/5000/5600K) SunLike 10 ranks highest in CRI and mimics natural sunlight the most.

According to the specs Waveform Lighting has CRI of 95+ and of only R9 80+ (which is significantly lower than SunLike) but the spreadsheet: BLF - Ultimate LED Bulbs - CRI Qfactor - Google Sheets gives it a score of: Ra = 98 which is significantly higher than the score stated on the manufacturer website. Which is correct?

One thing that stands out about the SunLike 10 is the size. It is significantly bigger than WaveForm. However, personally I’d be willing to accept bigger size for better output.

Does anyone have experience with both of the mentioned bulbs? What do you think are the pros/cons of each one to consider before buying?

For those who own SunLike 10 are there any negatives with the bulb? Based on the above thread it seems that SunLike 10 is the pinnacle of ideal bulb. Do you concur?

I am interested in this thread as well.

@maukka has done VERY thorough hands on reviews of both. The results of his testing are my ‘source of truth’ for the actual performance of each, before they’re in my own hands.

SunLike: Sunlikelamp.com SunLike10xss SOL Ultra High CRI E27 LED bulb (2700/3200/5000/5600K)

Waveform: Review: Waveform Lighting A19 Centric Home/Daylight E27 bulbs (2700K, 4000K, 5000K)

For home lighting, SunLike’s big advantage is the lack of the infamous blue hump that is present in the Waveform bulbs. The tradeoff is about 10-15% efficiency (lumens per watt), and as you noted, physical size.

One thing of note about Sunlike’s bulbs is that they tend to be above the black body line (so more of a green orange tint vs rosy tint), but only slightly, and this can be more down to preference, though the general consensus seems to be that rosy is more aesthetically pleasing to most.

Also, and this is an advantage to a more boutique type of shop like Sunlikelamp, he’ll do a combination of CCTs (called tint mixing). That will always result in a lower duv (rosier tint) than any one CCT by itself.

Interesting point about the tint mixing via combination of CCTs.

Wouldn’t that result in a SPD that’s not as closely-correlated with any of a black body’s?

I found this thread to be a great insight into tint-mixing in practice: [Reference] Nichia E17A/E21A (2000K - 6500K, R9050/R9080, color) CCT and tint shots

:stuck_out_tongue:

If someone interesting why waveform sucks, here is article — https://sundaylamp.com (use translator)

Any bulbs must work about 2000 hours. 1-2 years and go to trash

About SOL 4000k (Smart Eco Lighting co. ltd.), it is the best, but for eyes in real life all SunLike LEDs will be awesome (SOL, SAW, smd SOL, smd SAW), you can not find difference by your eyes

SunLikePLUS 4000k

Im lost and confused

can you make it simple for me

what 3000k bulb can I buy to replace these, and how much does it cost shipped to USA? (I do not want 4000k, nor 5000k):

This is an incandescent… it gets hot!

This is an LED with terrible mustard yellow color, and very poor R9 CRI (red):

You mean buy from me?

Let’s be honest. Halogen bulb with frosted (mat) flask is the best choose for healthy.

This one one of the my best 15-16w with 25w led — SunLike15-16D

13-15D Asian style body:

Shipping 6$ for any order (yes, it is more expensive for me, but it is some kind of discount)