Sunwayman D40A XM-L2 980 Lumens (4xAA)----- $49.99 Shipped ----- CW or NW --- EXPIRED

Ordered a NW, got cool white clearly marked on the package. Actually didn’t realize it was CW at first, it’s nowhere near as blue as my XP-E SK68.

Contacting BG to see what they can do, unless they pay for shipping it’s too expensive to ship back. It’s a really nice light tint aside, wouldn’t mind keeping it.

If anyone doesn't like theirs... I'm interested

Me 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

No reply from BG yet.

Anyone who got one, does yours have fine hairline scratches on the OP reflector? Mine does, as well as a fine greasy sheen that I can’t clean off the AR coated glass =/

Mine is fine It’s a nice light i just wanted a natural white. here is my reply from BG.

Dear Customer ,

Many thanks for your email.

For your order xxxxxxx, sorry to hear sunwayman D40a is wrong in color .

Could you please take a photo for the item, the shipping label and sku number, so that we can check?

Expecting your reply!

Best regards,

Rain

Banggood customer service team Email: cservice@banggood.com

Come on now people… be happy on what you got,is the color of LED is really a big deal? not to mention you got it at a special price too…
I think we should reserve the complain if it comes with broken lens or damaged flashlight.

Heck, most my XM-L2 lights looks like NW to me when you to compared them with older XM-L T6 or U2 :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be a big deal to me if I got the wrong tint. I don’t want another cool white light. If you’re willing to take a hit on total lumens to get a neutral tint, it is pretty clear this is something you really believe in. People are paying a lot of money to have lights retrofitted with neutral tint LED’s, so if you’re willing to pay Vinh $40 to upgrade your light to neutral, then the tint is worth about $40. I’d much rather get a XM-L instead of XM-L2 (like happened with some SolarStorm lights recently) than get a cool instead of neutral LED.

Special price or not, if someone spends $50 on a flashlight, and only does so because a NW version was available to order, then it is indeed a big deal.

But I guess you have to be a tint connoisseur to understand.

It’s kinda like this: once you’ve developed a taste for a good Cabernet Sauvignon, it’s a bit unacceptable for your wine dealer to offload his Merlot onto you instead, as if it somehow doesn’t matter what you actually ordered

(apologies to any Merlot fans out there. Rest assured that I do agree that there is indeed some excellent Merlot to be found. I only picked on it because I needed something for my analogy)

Difference in NW over CW is less than 2$ so that would be a fair compensation I would say.
Problem is that people are too spoiled, more and more active chinese companies over the years offered more and more to attract customers so buyers are now like spoiled brats, if something is not as them demanded they turn “nuclear”, even smallest tiny bit will ignite them.
And since there are so many of chinese retailers their income is dropping so they are more and more forced into price war between them, and you know that lowest prices are only efective if you sale in large quantities. Buyers use this to demond even more (usually as even lower prices) or should I say extort lower prices. blfdemigod explained this in his clarification for this big Sunwayman D40A sales thread when he said something like BG wanted me to do a group buy for x or y flashlight but I wanted to be something special and for the excellent price, or something like that (cant find that post)…
Anyway, it is not surprising that these errors are happening and thy will keep happening more and more until everyone starts buying locally, from reputed sellers with higher prices but faster shipping, smaller turnover so thy can dedicate more time to each customer.

P.S.

Actually they are paying about 6$ for NW emitter on a Noctigon MCPCB and the rest of 34$ is for Vinh work, disassembling the flashlight, upgrading it with new LED and few resistors, maybe “diamond dust” thermal paste, measuring and assembling everything back also his fame or should I say his “brand name”. If you select engraving his nickname onto your flashlight and expensive overnight delivery then you will pay 100$ for this upgrade but again, only 6$ is for NW LED emitter…

The LED wont fit itself so they are paying for labour, no good assuming everyone here is capable, geared up for, or willing to alter lights themselves. If it was fitted with the right one in the first place no one loses out.

If I buy jeans with button fly, I wont be accepting zippers, or $5 off. Jeans are jeans right? Nope. I want button fly. Same with lights, if I ask for NW, I want NW. If you dont have it, tell me and offer the CW, and then refund me if I decline the offer. Dont send whatever you have and hope Im ok with it.

Despite all your statements being somewhat true, they dont change the fact that a responsible approach is to inform the buyer of the problem, and then await their response. Buying a light should not be a lucky dip. Chances are most will accept the wrong colour, but they should be given the choice to accept or get a refund.

Well just received mine last night when I checked the mail. First thing I thought when I took it out was, WOW, this flashlight is so small. Like almost half the size I imagined it would be. My CW is a CW, and NW is a NW. I lovethe CW version. I compared them to my Convoy L4 and I'm truly impressed. These tiny D40A holds its own against all my lights. It's so nice, my fiancee saw it and took it from me, and played with it for a few minutes, then said I should put it in her car, lol. .. I am very impressed by these D40A's, still can't believe how small they really are. Even after looking at pics and watching YouTube, the D40A was still way smaller in my hand than I ever imagined. Was going to put my XX eneloop , but I ended up putting regular eneloop for the 70% battery life after 5 years. "Because I'm happy! ~Pharrell"

P.s. For everyone that ordered because of the NW tint, and got different, I would be a little upset as well. As long as banggood fixes these issues, and rectifies the situation, everything should be good.

True, but as you already know, business psychology in China is different and there is a big language barrier also. All this will change in several years as they learn how to get more satisfied customers but the pressure of low prices will undermine those efforts also there will always be some new retailer on the market to stir thing up with short live super low prices guerrilla business style and since everyone wants absolutely lowest price we all know what will happen then. In other words you could say that we get what we paid for.

If you want security that everything will be as per request then buy from Hqe and pay ~60$ if you want the lowest price on the market you must accept the risk.

In past I was seriously pissed at some of the known shops but I come to conclusion that Cherry or Eleven of Neal, Simon etc are doing best they can for us but there is just to many people involved in that proces, especially at big retailers like BG or DX…. and even if they all do their job perfectly (for just a tiny fraction of income that you have), from the worker that is processing your order all the way to the worker that is searching for your SKU from 10 of thousands other SKUs in the warehouse there is always a risk that supplier delivered wrong/mixed products.
Should we just accept that = certainly no, we should let them know that, somewhere in the line, error is been made, but I would definitely not go ballistic and |( |( |(
anymore. Most of the people that really don’t like CW tint and not just want to score some $ as a refund in all this fuss, will probably sale their flashlight (would that be solarstorm or sunwayman of any other brand) for more $ than they paid for it…

Going off the deep end never helped anyone. Its likely to have a door shut. No matter how many are involved, the fault is not the buyers because he bought from them, thats just silliness. And its in their best interests to keep people happy.

BG offered me 4$ refund for the mix up…what is everyone else getting?

Nothing, because they haven’t responded to my emails!

OK…Just got mine this afternoon. All ok with correct tint (NW). They got it right for my order.

Got mine yesterday, perfect in every way, exactly as described and for way cheaper than I could find elsewhere in UK. Very pleased, despite the short wait for stock.

I just received mine (order placed on the 22th of April, shipped on the 30th and received on the 17th of May).

EDIT : I could be wrong, this could be a real Neutral White :slight_smile:

Go f* yourself banggod, i ordered NW and got stupid COOL WHITE!!! Can’t you chinese sellers make one groupbuy without screwing things up??? Im pissed!

I’m confused… a lot of people complaining about getting Cool White instead Neutral White… what’s wrong with CW anyway?
It lit up the street sign a lot more than NW in the dark :bigsmile:
NW reminded me of old maglite lights :~