Sunwayman T40CS

I noticed that it is made of T-7075. Do give a review of it. However i don't think it has the mass/thickness of the Balder BD-4 (you know that thing is massive at 400g), it is at 315g but still slightly more massive than say a M3X. Anyway I can't release the price of the BD-4. Too bad the looks is pretty bland, if not i'll give it a try. Let me know what's the weight of it if you know. I can get the Fenix TK41 at below 100, but too bad i am not into AAs.

Of course when we go into premium territory, some things can be subjective.

I'm currently reading the shoudian thread, really pity that the light could use more knurling and pattern and it'd be a blast.

Don't have a time (and will) for full review... But I'll take some pics and definitely compare it to my Cat V2 xm-l :) I really hope, it'll throw farther.

Measured 670 lux on the meter at 8.17m range. 44.7k cd.

Same batteries, FF STL-V6 scored 632. 42.1k cd.

DX meter, known to under read. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3961

Fully charged Panasonic 3100 cells.

Reflected ceiling bounce, 79.0 for the T40CS, 71.9 for the STL-V6. So the T40CS is really pumping ~ 790 lumens OTF.

Will do 50m range later.

50m results. RAW data from the meter (no compensation for 10% or whatever)

STL-V6 = 20.3 * 50 * 50 = 50750

T40CS = 21.7 * 50 * 50 = 54250

Soo... it's 7% better than STL-V6. Can you also measure current draw at tailcap for both lights ? Is the head bezel / lens assembly removable in T40CS ...I mean, is LED swap possible ?

It is not easy to remove the SS bezel, haven't tried with a rubber glove but don't think it'll be easy. Probably can unscrew the battery terminal as there are 2 indentations.

FF STL-V6 1.386A

Sun T40CS 1.395A

Sanyo 2600 unprotected @ 4.19V. Uni-T UT58E with short probes. I can get it to be over 1.5A with the 18awg 110cm probes. It's rather tricky to measure current with stuff like this and Dereelight multi-voltage drop-ins and even 1 x 18650 stuff like RRT-2, so i'd rather stick to the light meter.

...Just wanted to know which one needs more juice. In this case it's ok to use meter, even cheap one. It seems, that they both have similiar step-down converter (in terms of efficiency). Overall, it's nice light, if I haven't bought Crelant 7G5, I'd probably pick this one.

What do you think about UI ? I know the principles on which it works ...but wanted your personal opinion. How long does it takes, to change mode after you press and hold the button ?

Sorry for the late reply, i just took 2 customary weddings and 1 ROM solemnisation over the weekend! (ROM = lawful registration of marriage, ie for you to get public housing and for the women to be protected under the Women's Charter....yeah man what the!)

UI is just perfect, just hold down and it changes after like 0.7s. Double click to enter into strobe/sos.

Thought you guys would like to see selfbuilt's review video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F258PTkOWU

Very nice although I think the UI may actually be a bit cumbersome. If it had memory function from the tailcap as well then I would say "awesome" but the fact that if you click it completely off if just forgets makes it less appealing for me. :/

Well I like the fact that it goes back to the high setting each time.

Theoretical lux values are similar but in real world T40CS easily outthrows selfbuilt's Cat V3:

Have you tried both of them ?

No but as you probably noticed there is animated gif in my previous post. Pics were taken by selfbuilt and show 3 lights: Surefire U3BT (40klux/1m), Cat V3 (46klux/1m) and T40CS (47klux/1m). Theoretically Cat V3 and T40CS should have similar throw, pictures clearly show it's not true.

And his V2 XM-L scored 46k lux/1m and his T40CS measured on the same setup, scored nearly 47k lux/1m

You're mixing lights, V3 is "only" 40k lux/1m :D

Cat V3 is 40k lux according to Selfbuilt not 46k

I think the word easily is too much, anyway, I do not own both lights so I have no real grasp on this. Selfbuilt always degrades gifs too much.

What exactly do you mean by this...?

The compression of the Gif files.

Oh ok. But surely we can still all see enough of the beamshots to come to some kind of conclusion...?

Most can. It's for you to judge not me.

It's funny all these companies manufacture products and Selfbuilt can make 'em or break 'em. :)