Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

X60M is 100$ more than X60 at Banggood.

X60M have more lumens. Peak 10000 vs 5000 (numbers by Acebeam)

X60 have more throw. 123kcd 69kcd (numbers by Acebeam)

If you use the lights for some time. Both lights will step down after 5 minutes. X60M to roughly 3800 lumen. X60 to roughly 3400 lumen. (those numbers might be a bit off. X60M step down number is verified by Acebeam. X60 in review. Not that much difference then. This is to avoid overheating. If you bump the X60M up again (assuming its possible), it will overheat. X60 will very easily outthrow X60M after 5 minutes.

X60M have better CRI, and a nicer tint (when its stock).

Its basically a matter of throw vs flood. X60M is ovepriced compared to X60 IMO. Should only be around 40$ more. Not 100$.

X60M has the new MTG2 emitter

Its just different emitters.

X60 have the "new" XM-L2.

X60M have the "new" MT-G2.

The way the X60M reflector is made you end up with more unused reflector area compared to X60. X60M might have a bit "cleaner/smoother" beam though.

X60M is probably more of a premium rival to to 9-12 XM-L shower head lights in terms of beam. Although, 4xXM-L2s outperform 1xMT-G2 in terms of output and efficiency. 3 XM-Ls will also throw better in a similar sized reflector compared to a single MT-G2. With 12 XM-Ls you can more easily get tint options, higher CRI, and fine tuned tint compared to 3 MT-G2s. In a modified light that is. Im not comparing X60M with a stock Chinese shower head light. Point is a modified cheap Chinese 12 XM-L light can outperform X60M, or rival it. There are not any Chinese budget options to the X60 that I am aware of. Just some observations (and to some extend speculation) from a modders perspective. Probably not relevant for most...

So you don't think that the MTG2 emitter is better than the XM-L2 emitter?

The MT-G2 IS better…at draining batteries.

I have 9 working hot rod MT-G2 lights, I love em, but it’s an apples to oranges comparison. They do a different job.

I contacted acebeam about the price of the X60. they already quoted me $299 for the X60M $342 after tax and shipping

Congrats, you contacted them and got the price of their new “AceBeam” models AND prices for single units……

It is quite clear that you are new and dont know what a GB is. You will not, let me repeat that, YOU WILL NOT get a better price for a X60 ANYWHERE on your own unless you contact AceBeam directly and buy all 140 of them (pretty sure they wouldnt let you anyways since this GB has them on “hold” per say.

Let me finish by saying you are also HORRIBLE at doing research and finding deals since you can buy a FULLY MODDED X60Mvn for $330 shipped………yes fully modded so that means 12,000-15,000 lumen over the stock 10,000 lumen. If you dont know what you are talking about then its best not to open your mouth around here. You will get called out on it every time…….

acebeam gave me a quote how does that make me horrible at researching. i'm researching now asking questions on budget forum. I never said that group buying was bad, i'm on the freaking ist. I never claimed to the best at nothing. just cause u know everthing about flashlights, that don't make people who don't know as much u stupid.

reading some of your post seems like you’re a very angry dude, i wouldn’t wanna mess with you if i see you on the street dude, haha just kidding man. take it easy though.

I asked acebeam to sell me the X60M with just the holster and the usb cord for $300

Can u send me a link to the X60Mvn? I would like to see that. I have never heard of it

Perhaps, instead of chastising a new member with 10 posts you might try to explain.

The_don, a “GB” is a group buy, where a member of the forum communicates with a seller or manufacturer and negotiates the best possible deal for a confirmed number of lights. By getting the power of the forum to back the buy, the company knows they are going to make a big sale and may net further sells from reviews and recommendations. So it’s in their best interest to participate and make the forum members happy. This will, indeed, always come at a better price than a sellers “sale” price and also better than an individual purchase direct from the manufacturer. (I say always, when it’s done right this is so)

Vinh Nguyen modifies lights and is well known for it. Thereby the X60Mvn. He typically buys in bulk to get a “group buy” style price and then modifies the lights, selling them usually at a good price that is very fair as compared to the stock lights more commonly available.

In this particular case, the manufacturer is changing names and the existing light is being sold off to a group buy as kind of a special, there won’t be any more available with the old name on them, although sometimes one or two can be found on seller’s shelves, as it were.

I, personally, think 3 MT-G2’s in one light is over the top. They make too much heat and would really need active cooling to run at the suggested levels. As these are typically advertised as “Search and Rescue” lights, it would ordinarily be assumed that good run times would be a standard. 3 MT-G2’s at 3000+ Lumens each will not run long, heat wise and power wise, in any hand held light currently being produced (to the best of My knowledge).

The K40M is, however, a very attractive light at a decent price if a powerful floody light is what you’re looking for.

Welcom to the forum. :wink: (even if you have been here watching for a while. :slight_smile: )

Again, $330 you can get a FULLY MODDED X60Mvn (all accessories included and box) that dumps 12,000-15,000 lumen out the front. Why would you buy a stock X60 dumping 10,000 lumen without a charger or holster for $30 less? My point is you are acting like you are finding a sweet deal going through AceBeam and in reality you are getting ripped off.

LINK to X60Mvn

well said.

Nice post DBCstm! Well explained.

Wait what?? YOU think 3 MT-G2s in one light is over the top? Are you not feeling well? Is the world coming to an end? :D ;) (Or have you just forgotten what currents these emitters are supposed to be driven at in order to be efficient)

MT-G2s, like most emitters, just make ridiculous amounts of heat if they are pushed FAR beyond what they are intended do do. If they are run at "reasonable power" they will not. With 3 MT-G2s your can make similar amounts of lumen as a max driven single MT-G2 and make considerably LESS heat. Its easier to make more light with 3 MT-G2s than 1. And more light is what the X60M offers compared to X60.

After 5 minutes the X60M will make less than 4000 lumen. Thats is not a huge number for 3 MT-G2s. A single MT-G2 would be wasting lots of energy if it were pushing close to 4000 lumen.

I am actually one of the nicest guys you could meet. I just get very pissed at people who come here (or to LPF) and ask questions that are popular questions, WITHOUT doing any research first. Both of these places are a VAST resource of information. Why should any of us spoon feed noobs who dont have enough respect to put in some time to research first.

Example;

Q- What is better a MG-T2 or XM-L2?
Stupid question since it has no background, no evidence that any research or knowledge of either. Two COMPLETELY different emitters as well. Comparing a BMW to a Honda Civic would be a better comparison…………

Better question- MG-T2 is a great for flood verses the XM-L2 but would 3x MG-T2 still have enough power to throw similar to a XM-L2 or will the 5x XM-L2 crush the throw of the MG-T2’s. I am after a light that has all around performance (flood and throw) so which do you think would fit me and why.

See the difference?

Another thing that erks me is people who piss and moan over K50s with mismatched anodizing. ALL OF THEM HAVE THIS ISSUE, not something new and its due to how SupBeam gets them anodized. They dont send the whole light out at once to be anodized, they send pieces in batches as they are machined. Basically I dont like people who dont put effort into research or dont have enough respect to put effort in. Its one thing to be new and know nothing about flashlights, we were all there at once, but its another thing to try, do research first and actually BRING something constructive to the convo rather than feed me, feed me, feed me answers to my questions.

My 6 year old just discovered how the reflector can be blocked in the middle but a hot spot will still shine through. So he’s having fun “baking a penny” and marveling at the magic of how light can shine straight through the coin. :stuck_out_tongue:

I try to be reasonable for one minute and the whole freaking world get’s out of whack!

Since when is a 6 cell modified 15,000 lumen light the best choice for a noob? And one with a comparatively new built in charging system? I’m already seeing too many veteran members here plugging these lights in and leaving them while they sleep. shudder

Granted, the stock light might run fairly well, but they admit it cuts down for heat issues in 5 minutes (or less) So then it’s no better than the cheaper option. And of course, the beam profile is significantly different to knock the comparison right out of the park.

Would I modify the triple MT-G2? Well, I don’t want the planet to tilt off it’s axis and go spinning off into the Sun now, do I?

Edit: Not about to spend the triple Benjie’s to find out…

What's an MG-T2? A British car?

Why get stock over vinh’s mod? Because the chargers are shit from what I hear. Because very few people use holsters. Because at 3333 lumens / MT-G2, they are already being driven extremely hard. It will get hot fast enough at stock let alone trying to eek out more from it.

I love vinh’s mods, but you have to know what an LED is capable of.

…. That being said, the fact that vinh is selling them for that low means that he must be sourcing them for significantly less, which means we should be trying to score a group buy price of significantly less.

Yeah, it’s the new ones with laser diffusion headlights that aren’t legal in the states. :wink: