Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

Used it with leather gloves in the past, no issues as far as the control ring goes, although it is kind of slippery. Some depressions, and/or bumps on the control ring to increase grip would be nice, but my bigger issue with it is that the tube itself is very slippery.

I have make a conscious effort not to drop the X60 because of the weight. I hope I can get used to the weight. I had to do the same thing with the K50.

I only use it camping, and get used to the weight pretty fast. It actually feels lighter to me vs my TK76, which is horribly unbalanced.

My last camping, over this past weekend, was actually the first time I had the TK76 with me. It got quite a workout, but for the future I will be taking it with an extension tube, which should balance it out a lot more.

Our group was 26 people, and on my part the lights that were used were, RC40vn, X60vn dedomed, MM15vn dedomed, TK76vn, and TK61vn. RC40, and TK76 got by far the most use.

Bella was quick to respond to this issue and they have shipped another lead. I am assured this one has been tested in house.

It's a bit disappointing but they are taking care of it quickly and professionally.

I'm still coming to terms with the wow factor of this light. Heading off on a camping trip next week and can't wait to test it in the outback.

I’m happy that my batteries are finally in the air and on their way to me so I can truly put the X60 threw its paces. I popped in some non-matching cells just to make sure everything worked on the light but that was only for about a minute.

Thanks again FlashPilot for setting this group-buy in motion. I love this light and can’t wait to see what its really capable of. I was supposed to go camping this weekend and then this happened From 26’C on Sunday to that on Monday/Tuesday overnight. Needless to say I wasn’t up for camping…. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are these batteries OK? Panasonic 18650 3100mAh Rechargeable Battery with Protection Board - Green (Pair) http://eud.dx.com/product/genuine-panasonic-18650-3100mah-rechargeable-battery-with-protection-board-green-pair-844121444#.VBTGDvl_uFM

johny723, I shall find out hopefully next week sometime as I have 8 3100 protected Panny’s like those on order from another source. They should provide more than enough juice for the X60 with 90% of the capacity of the 3400’s. I couldn’t justify the 30% price premium for the 10% increase in capacity on the 3400 B panny’s at this time.

OK, waiting for you review! I could not justify buying those 3400s either.

Thank you for your efforts. Very nice light.

Light received.

Cosmetically and functionally it seems good so far.

Waiting for the night to have some fun with it.

Thanks for the GB :slight_smile:

Does anybody’s light produce a ticking sound (indicative of expansion due to the heat produced) when the light is used at higher levels?

I think that is common on high power lights

Probably is but I’m neurotic for a reason :smiley:

Thanks for chiming in

As expected it’s fun to use.

At higher output levels I noticed the indicator LED in the tail turn orange. If I reduce output it reverts to green again.

I’m using some 18650A’s fully charged. Not new cells but far from worn out.

Anyone else experienced this? Probably getting some serious voltage sag.

I think a new set of BD’s or similar is the way to go. It seems the current draw is pretty substantial at higher output levels.

Please PM me details and price. Shipping to Canada

Mario

Not bad! Just took about a week to receive my X60. Not only is it not disappointing in any way apparent to me, it impresses me every time i pick it up. Your results may vary, but if you are still debating the purchase of this light, your expectations should be high, in my estimation. It is, after all, only a flashlight. However, it is all the flashlight most of us should ever need, good days or bad days alike! I did charge my batteries externally to be sure I got started with reasonably well balanced cells. ( OPUS BT-C3100 charger)

One of the things that I was unsure of with this light is whether the control ring could be turned easily while wearing gloves. But I just had an idea. Stick some of these on the flat faces of the control ring, and it should be grippier, and you should be able to feel the bumps even with gloves on, and maybe you can even turn the ring using just the thumb:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Electronics_NA/Electronics/Products/Product_Catalog/~/3M-Bumpon-Quiet-Clear-Protective-Products-SJ6506-5000-per-case?N=4294937115+5153906&&Nr=AND(hrcy_id%3AGSXYR6TR89gs_1MGM1L4GFG_N2RL3FHWVK_GPD0K8BC31gv)&rt=d

That's an interesting idea... are they sold anywhere in quantities less than 5000?

The ring on the X60 probably won’t be as easy to turn with gloves on as the control ring on the XTAR D35 (which just needs a thumb to turn it), plus I already have some of those rubber bumper things. :slight_smile: In fact, it was the D35’s ring design that made me think of adding the rubber bumpers to the X60.

Infinitus, I think you can probably get the rubber bumpers from a dollar store. I think that’s where I got mine.