Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

Thanks for the idea InfinitusEquitas. That would do the trick. http://www.niwalkerlight.com/content/?266.html

Maybe this, with the top & bottom cut off: http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1328

Maybe a water-bottle belt, with the bottom cut out. Something like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7oaVJjBi8gQ/UiQAjxlNMfI/AAAAAAAABbU/t8w50Q3cVWA/s640/Belt-Water-Bottle-Holder4.jpg

I don't think that CNquality holster would work well, looks more like a stiff design. The water bottle holder would work well though, you might just need to maybe thread a zip tie through the top & bottom of it, to make the opening smaller, so the tube doesn't rattle around as much.

I have the CNQG one referenced above, it does fit but you would need to cut the bottom out, as it sticks up too high; then cut the flap off.

A better solution would be to use the Holster from the Nitecore TM series, it fits perfectly and all you’d have to do is to snip off it flap if you wanted to tiddy it up, but it works with the flap on if you wish to keep it for both lights.

Not to derail this thread at all, but that niwalker (referenced above) bk-fa02 looks really nice, anyone have one? I read selfbuilts review.

I bought “brand name” rubber bumpers from Rona (Canadian hardware chain) to hopefully get a stronger adhesive than the dollar-store ones. So far, so good. They don’t come off easily, at least at room temperature. And they definitely make the ring easier to turn.

Nope, haven’t had a chance to take the X60 out in the rain since I put on the bumpers. And it’s not cold enough yet here; around 10-15C. I just tried to pry one off but they’re stuck on pretty well. The packaging on these bumpers had a warning that said something like “once applied, you can’t reposition them”, so I was hoping that meant the adhesive was good. They definitely stick better than the dollar-store bumpers.

You can probably go into any kitchen cabinet store and ask for a handful of clear door bumpers. These are available in many dia. and protrusion sizes in the 1/2” (12mm)+/- x 1/16” (1.58 mm) and thicker range. The 1/16” one should be excellent. They will pull off if need be and the residue can be cleaned with a cotton swab and den. alcohol or lacquer thinner, also most finger nail polish removers which are, or contain, acetone.

Having said all that - I’m in on this buy and pretty psyched about it. Way more light than I expected for the $$s and damn the flower petal effect. Hardly worth complaining about.

I wrote in another thread about the X40 I own - that I was looking for more throw with pretty much the same UI. I guess I’ll be getting just that. AND - I’m reading that no mods will be necessary right?
Fun to find out.

Good idea. As long as the adhesive is strong and lasts through weather & temperature changes, they should work. I don’t know if the ones I bought will be weather- & temperature-change-resistant, but I’ll find out within a few weeks.

Mine are “Uberhaus” brand, but the packaging also says “Rona” so it’s probably Rona’s house brand. The diameter is marked as “3/8 in (9.5 mm)”, and they are a hair too wide. 8.5 - 9 mm would have been perfect. I was going to slice a bit off the sides, but I thought I’d put them on as-is and see how they stick.

I also found a bottle holder waist belt, cut a hole in the bottom, and it works nicely as a holster for the X60.

I took my lover walking outside at night.

Wow nice pic Bella!

This is a light I am very happy to have for all the reasons you state (the big brother to my favorite X40vn) but would have likely never spent the real world money for it.

Thank you very much for your initiative and follow through. I know you spent many many hours on this project with little gratification except to your own sense of self motivation. Nicely done!

And for the carrying issue of such a large light - I really don’t care for a long strap and so I will soon be making or buying something like this - http://www.rtinnovations.com/strap-on-tube-handle/ Easy enough to modify and I think will provide lots of control and options while carrying - maybe even add a carabiner for a quick hook up to a belt loop. Anyway - I’ll be having fun and enjoying my portable sunshine.

PM info please, I want another one! Thanks!!

Thanks FP! Sick& Quick…. I like that!

Great picture!,

Please PM me the detail’s for this light in case I asked in the wrong thread I apologise for asking in two thread’s. Thankyou so much for giving everyone the opportunity to get such a great light at such a deal.

How many X60’s remain?

I’m very interesting about the new lumens and hope acebeam could maintain the same price. Add me in if everything is ok!

That’s fine and awaiting your test of the new sample!

Regretting I didn’t wait.

More light for $10 less :frowning:

Difference of 1000 lumens is very negligible when you're dealing with a 5000 lumen light. You would be able to tell that one light is slightly brighter, but that's about it. Better to not regret missing out on a good deal.

Well stated.