super budget lights on ebay

dot, I ordered one of those the other day will post pictures when I get it. I am planning on making it my first mod? Does anyone know how well a XPG work with the Tir optics??

Glasboy, can we hear more about the specs (or estimates) on the light. Whats the run time for you? How much lumen would you say it is? Or in comparison to other lights you own. What does TIR optics mean for the flashlight? Total Internal Reflection means that it has very good throw? Less flood? It looks like it might tailstand... does it?

Dimeotane, can't say about runtime - didn't used this light for long, but with consumption 0.4 A from AA it gonna be several hours. I think there's around 50 lm, but TIR optics (which is preferable in small lights) collects all light flux from LED into the narrow beam, and flashlight performs rather good. And yes, TIR means less spill, much more throw. It does tailstand.

The same seller as glassboy got his light from has some other interesting looking lights. I just wish I could find out the runtime and lumen before buying. Anyone know anything / have these?

This "8w" one for $6.80 looks like it might tailstand. Also from this seller for $5.72 And here

I think it is this one on DX (sold out). Reviews there say its 1.3A draw giving around 100 lumen.

One reviewer there says his had bad threads and machining.

This $3.80 light marked FT-1502 is waterproof and looks like it tailstands:

A $5 SK-58 clone: and here and here

Glassboy, I dropped a 14500 in mine tonight. Nice improvement! It's now useable at around 50 yards