Super Mag & SWM mods-Neutralizers I & II

Nice first post, and welcome to BLF.

Ah! Cool! Now I know-I didn't know if the Regina would work. Welcome aboard!

Another fellow Pennsylvanian... where are you? I'm in Union County, near Lewisburg. (Bucknell U.)

Rich

Damn you matt! Why couldn't your first post have been a few months ago! Welcome to BLF!

I might have to give those a shot. I'm sure I will completely mangle the reflectors trying to drill them out though. And the booms just look so bad ass :)

thanks and sorry! I only popped onto this thread as I have an old incan 4D maglite that I'm idly thinking about modding with a spare LED - nothing compared to this monster though. Even my brightest bike light only has 2 XM-L@3A :)

For drilling out the Regina, it's a piece of cake. Start with a 4.5mm drill bit (or imperial equivalent) and either hold it in your hand or mount it in the drill and turn the chuck with your hand. Once that spins freely, go up one bit size at a time until the XM-L fits inside the hole. Takes me about 5min, more or less. I'm slowly swapping out the reginas I have for optics as I'm not a fan of the pattern for the riding I do, but they do throw really well.

not far from you actually, State College (Penn State). Just getting used to freezing my butt off for another 3 months!

oh, and before I forget, here are some not especially good beam shots :)

I really need to get something better than a polystyrene box to balance things on..

Hmm, good enough beam shots for me! I'll have to order up a few Reginas :)

EDIT: On second thought, it would not be nearly as attractive of a light. I like the hexagon shape of the Booms, and the stepping in the reflector itself. I will certainly keep this in mind for other builds though :)

true, although I don't really give a hoot what my lights look like as it's almost always dark when I'm using them :)

I have one, perhaps 2 drilled out reginas in my parts box, you're welcome to one if you want to try it out

This is my trophy queen light :)

Hmm, yeah, would you like some Booms in return? I have 3 more sitting around that I don't plan on using.

Mag(d)Man stick?

Awww... no you won't! Have some confidence! You already did good.

I don't attempt to drill reflectors. I use a hand reamer. Works great, and no cuss job drill-slipping.

Rich

Bump for new folks.

Actually I did this months ago. I made a blunder and smoked my M40C. The hell with trying to get parts, so...

Same exact 7135 recipe.

Two 4500K neutrals and one 3000K warm. Beautiful, fresh battery incan tint. 2X IMR 18650's in parallel; I rebuilt the battery carrier. Insanely bright.

Thanks to Old Lumens, who posted at one time a link to a gal on ETSY that sells copper discs, etc. Used one of those with copper plumbing piece for a heatsink. Not the best but it does get warm immediately so I did something right!

The magnetic ring is not used, so I just cemented it in place.

Now this thing actually gets used. The old MC-E was anemic and I really didn't need the wackerific red and blue LED's. Good riddance to those!

Rich

Damn that thing is sexy! I like the black around the reflectors. What is that made out of? Was considering doing that for my Mag triple.

Just plastic cut out with a heated X-Acto #11 blade, filed and sprayed flat black. Might be an old Mag lens.

Rich

Wow, good thinking. I wasn't even thinking about reusing a stock lens for this. Thanks!

nice project!

Very nice mod! Great photos too!

How did you mod the original Mag switch to eliminate the mode skipping?