Super Premium SK68 (Pocket High CRI Zoomie)

I can't see the pics either, and I have AdBlockPlus disabled on BLF.

I am not seeing pictures on my iPad but they display on my PC. Never came across that before.
Great mod. Your EDC is your most used light and it SHOULD have high CRI.
I put an XP-G2 in one of my ’68’s and although it wasn’t high CRi It was a big improvement. Of course I lost that light within a couple of weeks. Gotta do it again

There is a space between the width colon statement and the percentage number for each pic. I removed that in this quote to see if the pics will now display on my iPad

EDIT:
That didn’t work, but I now realize that you are linking directly to another site. That is not a good idea, best to upload the pictures to photobucket or other like site and link to your pictures there.

omg that extra shiny SK68 so pretty.

I should consider getting one of these osram. Where to get one?

[quote=dchomak]

Hmm I will test it on my ipad, the other site is my personal host and I host all my flashlight related stuffs there… I have a forum but its no longer in use… weird, i checked the HTML it check outs… might have to check my apache logs to see why the images aren’t loading

I got my osram from rs-components from my country, you can go to the rs component from your country (if it has one) and search for “GW CSSRM1.CC-MQMS-5L7N-1”, I see there are options for 2700k, 4000k, 5700k as well, for mine they sell in packs of 5, you’ll need to reflow them yourself, it fits on a XPG-sized star, but bear in mind they are slightly smaller then the XPG so there will be a small 5-10% gap

See this excellent review from djozz : New Osram Oslon Square, testing a 4000K 92CRI typ. emitter

The problem is with your image hosting provider’s (edchub.com) DNS records.

Some DNS are resolving, whilst others do not.
When I use Tor (which routes via different countries) I can see the images. Locally, either through my ISP or mobile operator, they are unreachable.

This also explains why there is a difference between devices, countries and users:

Huh, my zoomies all go “flood to zoom” — I’ve been using them backwards (grin)

Have you tried just cutting a bit off the slidey part, on the end opposite the lens? Someone suggested shortening that to let the lens come closer to the emitter — that has worked fine for me on several of these lights, getting a markedly bigger flood with no other issues. (If I cut off too much, an O-ring on the battery tube makes a nice rubber bumper stop so the lens doesn’t land on the emitter)

Thanks so much for the recommendation of rs components.
I’m glad they have them and the price is extra reasonable

ah mann, sadly they were unable to sell in low amounts
but still thanks for the links

Great mod, turning useless into beauty.

Hmm i’m not sure what the actual term is, I just use it :bigsmile:

I’ve attempted something like that on my cofly zoomie, unfortunately, while that increases flood, it essentially kills the zoom as it gives even less room for the head to slide, so the max zoom now becomes unfocused

The only way to increase the flood further without killing the zoom is to either use a lathe to bore out the inside part of the sliding head (the part where it “stops” the head from sliding out further), or vice versa to file off the pill, where the bottom lip below the o-ring makes contact with the head, this let the head slide further from the pill, in retain the zoom and to let it go closer to the lens, basically to increase the travel

I bought 5 of them at one go, thats the minimum quantity needed to purchase, being local, they did next day delivery via courier, their customer service is good as well

5 is good since that lets you mod up to 3 lights (with 2 for spare for “accidents”)

I used one to make this SK68, 3 for v10r triple and the remaining one for the T10T initial led before switching to the MT-G2

Perhaps there is something wrong with my server’s upstream provider, I know they were messing around with their DNS servers a few days back (they did an ip change), this might have caused some of the records to not propagate correctly yet

In any case, will drop my host an email regarding the issue, thanks for the heads up!

Ok, I’ve re-uploaded it to another server, its running on a separate network and separate isp, should be able to view now while the other server is being cleared up

I wish I could see what you did. DNSreports.com doesn't even show any results for edchub.com. As fr as they can see it doesn't even exist. NSLookup shows an IP address though (111.221.44.235) for the domain. Really odd. You need to lose edchub and host your pics at Flickr or something.

Try again? Its been edited

Nice mod, and with a great emitter! It so appears that the 92CRI Nichia 219C is not going to be produced after all, that leaves this Osram led the best performer in the 90+ CRI category.

Yes its a really versatile emitter, I actually found out about this emitter through your brilliant osram review thread, when I saw that there was finally a worthy competitor to the high cri field apart from a Nichia I was all but excited

If its not sliced, the shape of the projected die is actually circular, but for sake of throw, had to slice it, might try putting it back and doing a comparision

Sweet mods and thanks for showing us, well some of us.

Nice on the fix. Awesome job on the light! Pretty darned impressive!