Super Thrower----BTU. Shocker 3xCREE XM-L U2 3x18650 Super Power Flashlight

Ah, so we are deducing copper stars for the shocker. :smiley:

Looks like the photos show an insulative layer on his mcpcb’s.

Oh Rik… :slight_smile:

Has anyone xm-l2 u2 btu?

paypal sent for xm-l2 u2 model!

You like your Shocker? I ordered two yesterday.

so has anyone ordered one of these ? how are they? i see one for $120 is that worth the price? and is it really the lumen it says it is?

Yes, I bought two of them, both with the XM-L2 U2 and Dry driver as thats the only option left. Easily 3500lm, throws like a beast, dedome to blow down large spotlights, but stock has plenty of spill. Built very solid, tiny details reveal it isn’t a $300 light but insignificant.

ok cool i may get one, is this a reputable place to get one? Loading...

is 120 a good price ? or do you know of one better ?

CODE:CLNY

What’s the code drop it down to? I can’t login to use the code, at work.

Forget about CLNY, it gives just $3 discount. With “bgf156” price drops down to $90 (it’s a XM-L version, not XM-L2).

oh that is a better deal , so from what o can tell this light is a bit of a spotlight but how is the flood on it? will it illuminate a wide area pretty close up also?

It has a decent flood too. Here's a review with some beamshots: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13624

for those who ordered from banggood store how long did it take from when you clicked paypal order.- to when you got it at your door ?

also what 18650 batteries would you recommend for this light ?

I have modded one of my Shocker by copying Tom E’s work and it is a beast. Throw like no others and has massive bright spills. I don’t dare to switch it on in Turbo mode for more than 10 seconds around the place I live at night as it would probably wake up the neighbors.

If you do not mod it for ultra-output then I think Panasonic PF would be good enough and providing good runtime. If you mod it and demands high current then you should use Samsung INR 20R or Sony 30A but they have lower capacity.

oh ok thanks thats what i was thinking … how much of a difference did modding make to this light? it has 3500 turbo on a normal one so what does it do modded? lol

This thread shows two examples. Dedoming greatly increases throw, but lowers lumen output.

about to air travel and was wondering if i would have any issues bringing this on my carry on? batteries included . thanks

Last month i brought my warrior in my carry on and after they scan my bag they only asked me just to take out the batteries from it.

Take out and give to them or just store outside the light ?

they did let you keep them right? just not in the light?