Super Thrower----BTU. Shocker 3xCREE XM-L U2 3x18650 Super Power Flashlight

RIC,

Darn nice light there, and looks very promising! I like it and please keep us posted on availability... I have a few custom builds I'd love to compare it to.

-Match

The shots of the tunnel and trail are very impressive! Looks like it has a wide spot and still pretty of spill - Best Of Both.

If those numbers are close to real, and they may be from the beamshots, it's a lot of light for the $$$. It is definitely not just a thrower, and not just a super-sized King.

Ric - may be a winner for those wanting light and throw in one.

Thats my limit also. i’m a rookie so theres plenty of lights
for me to choose from still :wink:

geez. way more expensive than i predicted. i was somewhere along the lines of $129
still would like to see beamshot comps vs the tk70 though. maybe that would change my mind.

I prefer 3 XMLs with 3500 lumens and upwards of 120k lux than say 1000 lumens with 120k lux (which is more than the TN31 (the current xml reflectored thrower king)).

A promo pre-order price at 100$ could sell like crazy. I know i would buy

A promo pre-order-group-buy price at 100$ could sell like crazy, as spoken above.

+1 provided they finalize the driver modes.

Would be great if the reflector and heatsink from this light would be available separately at cnqg like the reflector/pill for the DRY is. Oh the things I could do (or at least hire a machinist to do for me!).

The X40 (TBD) by L3 Illumination may be a close alternate for this now. Separate thread now on this soon to be model, maybe? Triple U3's, 3 18650's - looks nice, claiming 3200 lumens at $200 intro.

Thanks for the link.

The BTU Shocker looks sweet! Beamshots are amazing. Bit spendy for my blood. Lovely design though. Nice and chunky and clean. Will keep an eye out for sales. :slight_smile:

The X40 won’t throw like this though I don’t believe. This would be a lot of throw and flood where the X40 would be more flood. The X40 has about 40k lux where this or the fenix tk75 would be around 100 hopefully.

Yes - guess they don't compare too well. This BTU Shocker has the deeper set reflectors, bigger head, and that special turbo mode . Only thing lacking is U3's, which should be an improvement I suppose. The U3's at 1C vs. U2's at 1A (maybe), don't know how much.

Now that photos of the TK75 are going out, ( of which it has a smaller head than the TK70 ), I’m highly confident that the head of these BTUs are from real, discontinued genuine TK70s. So in this case, good news for flashaholics!

It will surpass 100k cd, just a matter of how much. :slight_smile:

The latest expected arrival date is late Nov.

from cpf

TK75

low - 18lm | med - 400lm | high - 1100lm | turbo - 2600lm | peak beam intensity - 92000cd |

+ SOS (400lm) | Strobe (2600lm)

Nope, talking about this BTU TK70. :slight_smile: I came out with that figure of ~ 120k cd is coz of my experience with the DRYs and TK70 (also took references from other people’s TK70).
The TK75 design is something that the TK70 should have adopted in the first place.

But then the TK70 official spec is a super high 130k cd. :slight_smile:

2600 lumens OTF, it seems that the TK75 is also driven harder than most of the other production lights, definitely above 3 amps. The TK75 has a smaller head dia of 3.5 inches while the TK70 is nearly 4.2 inches

So basically a Sky ray king with a bigger head & different body stock and upgraded U2 XM-L Leds? or I’m reading it wrong guy really needs spell checker, those squiggly red lines on a post means something. Looks good but do those dents on the head & lesser fins really help heat dissipation?

Can’t really see any design on this being anywhere close to that of a SR King…. :slight_smile:

The head is that of a TK70 (HA), and body (HA) that of the Magic Fire HIDs.

Nah it looks more like a cheap version of a Shadow JM26.

Proof:

or this