Supfire F3-L2 CREE XM-L2 LED flashlight for $6.90 shipped (18650 or 3 x AAA)

I've done this before too, does work well for Nanjg's, but not all the OSHPark boards have a good ground via, but suppose one could be drilled.

> I use one of the ground ring via’s …

I learned from Djozz and have been doing that — it works really well, quite reliably, where it works at all.
Haven’t tried drilling my own vias where they aren’t available, haven’t built any drivers on boards yet. Might eventually, but not real soon.

No, I was just wondering generally about whether there are any good pre-made 22mm drivers, since several lights could use them.

The deal is back on Oops just for the XPE version, but limited to one per customer:

https://www.myled.com/p9097-led-flashlight-cree-xpe-300lm-5-mode-white-light-black-1x18650-3xaaa-.html?utm_source=EDM&utm_medium=email-superdeal-en&utm_content=image&utm_campaign=1300827116

$5.55 to US for the XPE version! Only good for the next 5 days or so. For me, still a great deal cause I'll swap out the emitter anyway,

XPE, not XML2

Oops, thanx! Updated post for XPE version.

I got the email and managed to get the free LED light bulb and the XPE F3 flashlight. I think I upgraded the shipping. It was $8.14 shipped for both.

wait, what’s what there? these both look like the F3-L2 body

LED Flashlight CREE L2 LED Flashlight CREE L2 1100LM 5-Mode White Light-Black(1x18650/3xAAA)
$5.85

LED Flashlight 300LM LED Flashlight CREE XPE 300LM 5-Mode White Light-Black(1x18650/3xAAA)
$3.25

oh, I forgot to figure in the Super Saver Shipping (10-20 Working Days):$2.30

I ordered my one for $5.55 shipped Laughing.

I poked around and didn’t find anything else to make me scream and leap.
I hope they keep trying to get our attention, though, this was great while it lasted.

Received this one - excellent condition, XPE like they said. Should have bought more because for $5.55, this was an outstanding deal.

Nice host to update to a heavily discounted XP-E2 R3 1D0, bought from Mitko here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31537. De-domed should do decent. djozz did same mod here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32354

anyone replaced the lense on his F3 ? are they any options for better results ?

Good Morning gentlemen!
Anyone knows how to modify the driver to get rid of all those annoying modes (lo-beams, SOS, strobes) and leave only one “hi-beam” mode?
The driver is on the pic…

I've only replaced the driver, never modded it like that - post #28 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28084 describes the full mod.

You could just hot wire direct from the cell to the LED, then it's only one mode of hi with no extra features like low voltage protection, etc. All you need to do is connect that red wire (LED+) to a contact point that has straight conductivity with the driver spring, then for the blue wire (LED-), wire it to a ground contact point. Use a DMM to find the correct connection pts. What I've done is drill a hole thru the center of the driver, and run the LED+ wire straight to the spring. The ground is on the outer ring of the driver, but usually you can find a pad somewhere on the middle of the board that has continuity with the outer ground ring.

The stock LED sits on a poor performing MCPCB (i.e. star), so you would want to keep the amps to something reasonable, like 3.5A or so, or less. Don't bypass wire the spring and use a weaker performing cell instead of higher performing ones. If you use a good copper MCPCB like a Noctigon or SinkPAD, then it's safe to go with max amps, like I do, with a good performing cell (30Q, HG2, HE2, HE4, 25R, EFEST 35A, etc.).

This is the 22 mm driver I used:

Sorry, don't seem to have a pic of the pill fully assembled....

bumb ,cheap sources for the f3? dont care about the led.

Did you search for availability/price? What did you find?

The Supfire F3 is always an ok price at myled.com, $13.33 at the moment. But as cheap as they were I have not seen them for a while.

few months ago i’ve found them around $10 for an advertised xml (but it was xpe),but today nothing appear near that price.
and this : This product is no longer available. :slight_smile:

Now $8.26(+shipping) for XM-L2 at myled… 18650 unprotected included…

If it is the cell I received a couple of months ago, I can say it is pretty ok for a included battery. Around 2200mAh(tested). Could actually deliver 4A in my C8 with fet driver…

good price ,to bad they don’t ship to my country :frowning:

Their shipping is a little strange… Used to be lower, but since they started to include battery the shipping cost went up… I would have bought anotherone if you could exclude the battery and get lower shipping cost…