Supply of decent drivers in the EU

Hi all,

I’m looking at building a second S2+ triple and I would like to use an appropriately high-powered driver much like the MTN 17DDm that I used in my first one. My main problem is the rather expensive shipping to the UK from Mountain Electronics in the US.

I already know of LED4Power (and have placed a few orders with them already), but their drivers are only regulated and up to a certain amperage. Does anyone know of an alternative source of drivers comparable to the ones MTN sell, or are they my only option?

Thanks!

maybe Lexel?

Not placed in the EU, but easy to get in the EU and cheap:

Thank you, I actually have a spare one of these. In DD mode can they allow as much current as the emitters can draw and the batteries can allow? I.e. for high power applications?

I use those Banggood drivers often, they are cheap, deliver as much power as your system allows, and have a good user interface. Just be careful with high current low voltage triples when using the X6/X5 Banggood driver (the Banggood A6 driver is fine with that), these drivers drop turbo then and go to moon level. There is a fix for that but it requires parts and soldering.

Btw, most led4power drivers do have a combination of regulated current and direct drive on the FET. Seems like the nicest option to me but less cheap than a Banggood driver.

Does the A6 driver above have any thermal stepdown?

Also the LED4Power drivers seem to just have different amp ratings that you can buy, with the max being 12A. With this driver would I be hard limited to 12A?

I believe that BLF A6 has only timed stepdown.
Recent L4P drivers support unregulated mode as well.