Svitac Mini CREE R5 - opinions please

Gotcha, Thanks.
Jerry

Dave— “I go by the two is one and one is none philosophy”

I like the preparedness mindset.

You carry a “New York Reload” also ? :smiley:

Hi PD,
Out of curiosity, have you ever tried and compared the run times using a 10440 and an Eneloop for example?
I don’t necessarily doubt your assessment, but I would like to see a test in an actual light. I do not have any Efest 10440, but do have some Trustfires. I am charging them to try to make sure they are fully charged, and compare it with an eneloop in a Tank 007.

I do have a couple of Nitecore 14500s that I am going to compare them on low in a Sipik SK68.

I did find that I had a couple of Efest 14500 so I will use that.

Regards, Jerry

Check out the link in my sig line :wink:

Jerry, I’d be interested in the results that you get (both with the different 14500’s and also the Efest and Trustfire 10440’s and the Eneloop). I have TF flames in 26650, 18650 and 14500 that I’m happy with so far, I’d like to see what you think of the TF in 10440. Thank you :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity I compared run times of li-on and nimh batteries in a Tank 007 e09 and a Sipek SK 68. The Tank was on mid mode and the Sipik on low, since it is a three mode with Hi/Lo/Strobe. I charged the li-on batteries to insure they were at their best, but took the nimh out of the box at random. The were charged within the last two weeks.

Results are as follows.

Tank 007 – mid mode

Efest 10440 1hr 39min
Eneloop 1hr 43min
Tenergy Centura 1hr 45min

Sipek SK 68

Trustfire li-on 3hr 33min
Nitecore li-on 3hr 37min
Eneloop 5hr 30min

In the case of the AAA light the run times were close, but the Efest run time was slightly less compared to the nimh batteries.
However the differences in run time of the li-on batteries in the AA light were significantly less than the eneloop.

In summary, this limited test indicates that whatever advantages the li-on battery has over nimh, run time is not one of them.

Regards,
Jerry

Thank you Jerry, that helps significantly. :slight_smile:

You are very welcome.
Jerry