Switch Repair Parts Needed....Any sources in the US to Buy From?

Hey all,

FIRST, you all need to know I am NOT a Modder. I have never had a light apart and it’s likely I’d only screw it up royally if I did try to mod one.

The switch in my Convoy M1 is totally broken. I need to get the parts to fix it, if they’re available. I would prefer to buy them in the USA to support sellers here AND to lessen the shipping time.

Does anyone have these parts that they’ll sell me?

If not, please tell me where the best place to order is, the one that has good service and relatively fast shipping times please.

Is this a difficult repair for someone like me that has never done this type of work on a flashlight?

Thank you all for your time and any help you can give me on this.
Who knows, doing this project just might light a fire where I want to start joining you guys and gals in modding flashlights.

Larry

s. Please accept my apologies if this posting is out of bounds in this section or on the forum as a whole. I am not too familiar with the rules here, which is totally my fault for being lazy and not reading them.
If it is afoul of the rules, please DELETE it and/or drop me a PM and tell me what to do to change it to allow it to remain up…

I have a few convoy tail switches laying around here. Drop me your mailing address in a PM and I will send one to you. Replacing it’s easy. Just unscrew the retaining ring with a pair of tweezers or something else that fits those little divots. Once the ring comes off the switch will fall right out. Put the new one in and screw back in the retaining ring. Two minute job.

:+1:

I forget but is the retaining ring reverse thread?

i’m not sure, i think it is. Usually you will feel it when trying to open.

JohnnyMac always had a ton of great pics in his reviews, his Convoy M1 review may make this repair easier to deal with.

I think it may be standard right hand thread.

Don’t take this at 100% face value, but when I did a switch boot swap for my M1, I think it was regular righty tighty.

Just make sure you have a pair of decent needlenose pliers that fit the divots on the ring, and don’t put too much force on it.