TangsFire C8 8W XM-L2 U3@tmart.com

I just bought another one along with a couple of these zoomies on sale for $5.89. (They were on sale $2.99 in the past.) Smallest hotspot of any zommie I own, can use 3xAA's or 18650.

http://www.tmart.com/CREE-Q5-5W-500LM-3-Modes-Focusing-Flashlight-Torch-Black_p164564.html

Bought one, third one at 12,99, really love the tint after dedoming.

I am enjoying the last one! Took all my will power to resist buying another of these great lights!

From the review thread it is ~1.3-1.5A on medium. Don’t remember whose measurement that was. Sorry

Convoy L4 is a different light. It’s got a side switch + tailcap switch. It has an led shelf built into the head (no threaded aluminum pill), and comes stock with a cheap copper star that is fastened down into the shelf with screws. It’s a very nice light, but not a C8.

This Tangsfire C8 I would consider to be one of the best C8’s in the $10-20 bracket. On par with the quality of Convoy, but with superior output.

I ordered mine on Tue. afternoon. Wed. Evening I recieved an email saying my order was processed and shipped. I figure package should be in USPS possession by late Thu.
So far so good. :slight_smile:

Thank a lot for your explanation! :slight_smile:

Yes, you are all right. L4 it’s a good flashlight, but it’s different. I messed up :bigsmile:

Yeah!
But…last question…what about heat? This also heats up quickly?

Can someone confirm if the threads on the TangsFire longer than normal C8? I do have a Convoy C8 from Banggood and the threads are too short just like Foy’s opinion on XinTD C8 here.

Depends a lot on the battery and in what environment you’re using it in. I’ve got an old TFF 18650 that at 4.2v drives it 2.65A, this takes quite a while (25-30min) outdoors with a bit of a breeze in 40*F to become warm enough to be an effective handwarmer (guessing 80-90 degrees F). I haven’t tried extended runs with a high drain battery pushing 4A+, but it would obviously heat up much faster.

Just ordered one with 20 TMart Points (0,15€ lol) for 9,46€.
Can’t beat that price!

Is this still available? Where do you put the coupon code?

'Checkout', enter code on next screen. OP didn't say when the coupon expires.

Threaded length at tail end of battery tube,

Convoy C8: 5mm

TangsFire: 7mm

Ahhh, I’ve missed the coupon.

I got mine today in the mail. It is very bright indeed. The build quality is above average budget C8 for sure. The xml2 u3 or U2 is a little warmer than I imaged. Beam is smooth and clean.
Only gripe is it has one of the worst pwm I have seen, maybe in the 100-200hz range. I am really surprised to see this because I have a hd2010 which should have the same driver. But hd2010 has way higher pwm frequency.
Anyway, a good light for $12 shipped. It is bright!

The same driver doesn't necessarily mean the same firmware.

Thanks Gj for answering my question. That does make sense.

I tried to checkout with coupon code: lastc8tmt

Returns error message “This coupon code does not exist” Order Total: $17.74 (= 48% price increase).

Erh... coupon was posted in March 2014. Should be expired by now?

This thread is 10 months old.