TcchLite 500 Lumen 3C Cell Light

I haven’t seen this at the store yet. Might be a good gift.

Looks very similar to the $20 Defiant 3C XML light from HD.

Defiant has a smaller head, and is slightly lighter in weight. The 500 lumen claim for the XPG TechLite is over-rated. For the $50 price, I would prefer an XPG modded Mag 3C. The Defiant's price is definitely more reasonable, assuming build quality is decent.

im not really sure why this and the defiants are using c-cells… its just a such an odd cell

You did notice this is a triple XP-G, right? Still not sure if the Alk's can push 500 lumens though.

-Garry

Yes I am not sure if it can live up to the specs, but if I could find one in the store than it would be easy to return if it sucks.

Gary, thanks for the heads up. No, I did not, so that claim now is certainly reasonable, in fact, I would now say it is even way under driven. 3 x XPG has the potential of >1000 lumens when pushed to 1.5A. I have both triple and quad XPG's and they are some of my favs.

Yeah, they kind of hide the fact that it's a triple emitter light (esp. since they don't show you the front view!). I wonder which works out to be a better "consumer grade" light on alkalines - the Defiant 3C XM-L or this triple XP-G? I'm not a Costco member (and have no desire to ever support them again based on very very bad experience with tires bought from Costco) nor would I spend $50 on this light (at least not without a thorough review that ends up praising it).

-Garry

and it sucks then ya can also return it at any Costco store. H)