[Teardown] SEEKNITE S11 GITD

Sigh yeah, that is a good point about the MCU possibly being something like a Padauk. If it can be identified, then in principle it could be replaced with a newly programmed one, but it would be way more trouble than it is worth. The thing intriguing me about this light is its very low weight compared to a 10440 or 10330 light of roughly the same specs. I think that is mostly due to the polycarbonate shell weighing less than a metal tube. Perhaps it’s time for some 3d printed flashlights for this purpose.

It’s amusing that the battery has “260 mah” printed right on it, yet the aliexpress pages all claim 400mah. Even at 260mah though, the energy density is quite good compared to a cylindrical cell.

Nice find with the generic non-gitd model. I think if I get one though, I’d use the $12.99 coupon for a Seeknite branded gitd one.

You’ve probably seen this Padauk article by Jay Carlson, but just in case:

As per my measurements, there's no PWM on moonlight, low and turbo. High and medium is 20khz PWM. Side LEDs (white and red) are 200hz PWM.

Seems like they're using a different LED now. On the left is supposedly an SST20 and on the right is the real one.

Hi, please help me, memory for sidelights don’t work, I mean instructions say “3 minutes” memory for sidelights on continue light after turn off … but it doesn’t work :cry: .

I just got mine and it also came with this unknown LED. Also has some other differences compared to the 2021 units like revised pcb and no thermal paste on the copper sink.
The box still claims SST20.