Techniques for Flashlights as a Self Defense Weapon?

i would seriously advise against wasting your money on any phil elmore book. Materkowski , on the other hand, is a different story although i am a little biased because of his tae kwon do/hapkido background. :slight_smile: as others have pointed out, if you are concerned about self defense find a reputable instructor and gain some experience. I am sure that the use of a flashlight will blend in nicely.

ken

Got that! Situational awareness. When the SHTF, don’t just panic and run for any kind of cover. It may just make it worse if not planned. I was once awed hearing of an ex-firefighter who took the pain to study hotel evacuation maps and memorise their escape routes everywhere he travelled. Now I know better. Sort of like NatGeo’s Doomsday Preppers and Discovery Channel’s Worst-Case Scenarios. You’ll never know when you need it.

That’s Master Steve Materkowski, founder and principal owner of Defensive Response Training, Inc (DRT) in Colorado.

Very true! I actually chose not to use the term “master” since it has been devalued in recent years. Master Steve Materkowski’s credentials speak for themselves. It would be an honor to train with him.

ken

What about ductaping the Flashlight on a Katana?

Throw him a wallet chockful of monopoly money and flee for dear life.

I would hand him my new EA4, and while he was admiring it, I would kick him in the nuts.

For the vast majority of people without SD training, the best way to use your flashlight as a self-defense tool is to light the way so you can run faster. That is not a joke.

PPtk

pretty good usage of flashlights up in there.

Why keep quiet? They are there for knowing that you left the light on when you set it face down…

I’m ok with the right one, but can somebody advise me a reply to LEO if I’m found with the left one pls?

I wouldn't fight anyone with a 6 D mag it's way too heavy and way to slow .A home depot or costco tech lite would be much better ..lightweight and sharp .Any sharp edge head or tail would be dangerous.

And then run some, right?

Provided I’m fast enough and had chosen the right direction to flee!

The maglite feels like a sledgehammer in my hand, when the batts are inside.

But unfortunately I’m not built like Thor, so I also feel insecure that the crenellated bezel and spiked cape cap could likewise be used against me if my attacker gained control of it.

Like the SOG Bladelight? or :slight_smile:

This Suzuki Katana? :bigsmile:

Since most of these people (muggers etc) are not always the brightest (?) of people , you will probably find your torch in a local car boot sale once the 18650 is out of power.

In the UK , the Katana blade would have to be under three inches long and non-locking … That makes it shorter than the torch !

It’s dress up as a Klingon for Star Trek conventions.
I work as a chef; you never know when you’ll need to tenderize some meat.
I use it as a bottle opener for my beer when I’m driving.
I’m studying to be a mall ninja.

About the only knife I’ll carry with me any time is my tiny little SA keyring one, even then I’d not like to be stopped with it on a friday night in town. My SA Camper only tends to join me if I’m out on my bike and load it in with my tools and tube. You can actually carry more interesting things but you really need to be able to show intended use - a folding lock knife like an opinel is technically very illigal - Carry a bottle of wine, some cheese and some biscuits and you’d have to piss off a policeman to get any grief sitting in a park having a picnic.