Tell me the Dumbest thing you have ever done with Electricity (and lived to tell about it)

I just bought bread.... and 8 hours later I walk into the kitchen and there's the bag of bread wide open ...(Idiot ).

So the next day...same thing .... I did it again ...

How does this relate to electricity you ask ?

The lights are on ....There just ain't nobody home .:P

I lived in an old farm house when I was 15. You know fencing wire instead of fuse wire in the fuses. I decided to pull apart a lamp. I checked it was not plugged in. Well I knew the power point was on the other side of the room so it couldn't be plugged in. I got in stripped down to the bare socket. Grabbed hold and was severely electrocuted. I somehow managed to release my grip on it after about 5 seconds and I was lucky not to die. It was plugged into an extension cord. I have had the odd zap but nothing like that. I will never forget it.

No, I chose the other side of the road, I am a programmer. When I was young, I was so "in love" with the "machines" that it was a possibility for me to be in the elevators industry today... Also in love with electronics... The only thing that changed my path was when I started programming my first computer

Well, I didn’t do anything stupid only because I had no way of knowing that our 220 V electric stove had a short. I was cleaning up (rare for me as I was a kid at the time) after eating and I had a wet rag in one hand and the other hand on the faucet in the kitchen sink.

When I touched the stove with the hand with the rag to wipe down the stove top I got a jolt of 220 V and I guess it didn’t help that my other hand was on the water pipe.

Luckily I was so stretched out that the jolt threw me back from both the stove and the water pipe. I had been momentarily shocked with 110 V wall sockets before. Those just scare you or make you mad in comparison to this jolt.

This felt as though someone quickly pulled on one arm and removed it and pulled my other arm through my body as well! I can see that if someone fell on a 220 V source where gravity wouldn’t pull them away from it they would be history very shortly!

Now I always trip the circuit breakers and test for a live wire before I do any minor electrical work around the house.

A few years when I was about 14, I was hooking up some small toy car DC motors to a lamp socket. I have no idea why I was doing that, but I accidentally touched both the positive and negative ends of the wires I stuck in the lamp socket so I could hook motors up to it while I had a motor running. I had a 240v shock sent through my thumb and index finger. My thumb stung and hurt on touch for a week after that. The little DC motor was fine though, surprised they didn't blow up because they usually run off 2 AAs. I was intrigued when they ran much faster on the 240v lamp socket so that's why I was messing around with it.

LOL!