Tenergy 2600mah 18650 protected...any good?

When will you test these tenergy's? I'm very curious what the outcome will be.

I will test them ASAP. I am off to hunt as bow season starts this morning. Had them sent to work Should be early next week.

Great can't wait ! Have fun ! I always wanted to do some hunting.

I ordered 4 of these. They all were 3.7V and look new.

I charged one and tested it in a flashlight. It drew 2.7A

In the same light a new Xtar 2600 drew 2.8A

OP: If you have not tried to reset the "dead" one in a charger....you should.

Those are some good numbers, I tested it in my manafont 3mode xml and it drew 3.3A quickly dropping and maintained at 2.98A after 2 min.

How long do I need to leave it in the charger to reset it? I put it in the charger for about an hour and still nothing. The charger doesn't look like it's charging, the battery isn't getting warm at all, and when I check it again with the DMM is still reads 0.0.

I did contact the seller and he replied that he would send out a replacement on Monday.

Indeed a DOA. Defected battery. +1 for the seller.

I don't suppose putting in in a multi-cell light with another battery might jumpstart it or reset it or whatever? Or am I just asking for an explosion by doing that?

Probably best not to put it in a light with another cell.

If it was going to reset, it would happen as soon as you placed it in the charger. It's possible that your charger may not have the power to reset the circuit, hard to say, but it should happen straight away.

I believe that the seller's stock is from liquidation sales, hence the low pricing. They are getting them at rock bottom prices from businesses that have closed for whatever reason, and selling them on cheaply.

It should have reset in the charger. If you dare, you can put it in a light with another hot cell and then just hit the on switch for a quick "bump" then OFF. It only takes a second for it to work....or not.

I would just trash it.

Well crap...now I have another problem with them. None of them work in a multi-cell light. From what I can tell by looking at the batteries, the positive and negative ends are completely flat so when I use them in a multi cell light, the positive end of the last battery doesn't touch the negative end of the front battery.

Is there something I can safely put between the batteries to fix this? This is really annoying. I got them specifically to use in a two-cell light. If I can't use them for that, they are pretty much useless to me.

You did know that they are protected "flat tops", that is what the ad says?

They will only work if you put in a little magnet or other connector between cells. And they will only work in single cell lights that have a spring or nipple on the LED end.

Miami, an easy, safe way modify the cells so that they have contact is by using a small screwdriver to lift the vents up 1-2mm. I've done them to all my laptop cell pulls and with my callies Kustoms IMR and a couple of RevJim's panasonics (thanks E!).

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3704#comment-72282

Too bad you got a dud but at least you're getting a replacement.

Earlier I wrote that the seller may have purchased a quanity of old stock. I agree with your post 100%. We could always ask the seller.

In case you can't tell, I'm a complete newb at this...

I like the idea of prying up the vents a little but on that same thread someone also mentioned putting a small blob of solder on the tip. I don't have a screwdriver small enough to get under the vents but I do have a soldering iron. The guy on the other thread says he was warned against doing that. Is this a bad thing to do or should it work fine as long as I'm careful not to short anything out and make sure to get the solder on just the very end?

That was me. Heat is the issue. NB: I do not touch the battery with the soldering iron. I put flux on the positive terminal and drop the solder on the battery by melting it on the tip of the iron. Not exactly ideal but it worked.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here but.....

I'm not trying to sell my batteries on this thread, In fact if you look through my posts you will find I recommend Hi-max and X-tar batteries consistently, and no I do NOT sell them.

Willie.....

I will go on record and say YES ALMOST all 18650 batteries for $3.75 are JUNK. Based on what I have herd the only really cheap battery I would recommend is Rev Jim's Panasonic's. They are not protected and they are also not a cheap generic Chinese battery.

I assume you thing your being clever by this remark.... "Buy some and test them. Put your money where your mouth is and give results not rumor or speculation." I have tested plenty of cheap batteries and posted their results. Where are the results of these cheap batteries you have tested that are so great? Its not my duty to test every battery on the market for YOUR sake.

So based on the price, being a Chinese cell, and the 25% failure rate. Yes I would say theirs a good chance of them being fake/recycled batteries. If it honestly bothers you so much feel free to buy me some and send them to me for testing. I will gladly post the results whatever they may be. Have a nice day

I don't they are fakes, so far they are work perfectly fine, they also give out more juice than my xtars. After using one in my l2t off in on since I got them battery reads 4.06v started at 4.14v off my wp2ll charger.

Mr.xxmmll4, Are you stating that Tenergy are chinese used junk no matter what the price? Yes or No.... No here say answer please. You admit never testing any Tenergy battery. Piss away.

Cool, I hope you got a good deal! If so they may be the next best budget deal around. I checked the ebay link and it looks like their a liquidation company. I wonder how many they have left.