TEST: Armytek Wizard Pro XPL HD Warm - How HOT Can It Be?

Jake, I’m not worried at all. I’m confident nothing bad will happen since I’ve already tested mine on turbo 2 till the battery needed to be recharged.

Every time you overdrive an LED, it’s life expectancy decrease. The same effect to those driver components and battery.
Cree’s test shown that at high Tj and high current LED LM decrease significantly - still a very long time for a headlamp.
Check Page 59: http://cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED-Components-and-Modules/XLamp/XLamp-Application-Notes/LM80_Results.pdf

I know this is an old post but can’t seem to find out why these lights crap out online. I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday and will return it when it arrives do to a lot of complaints about customer service and the wizard light failures. To bad, its a great looking light but when I start paying a 100 0r more for a flashlight I expect it to be high quality. I’ll replace it with the Fenix HM65R which seems to have great feed back. It sucks because I have been wanting a Wizard for years now.

Hi Doug,

I have owned several Armytek lights over the last few years, and have never had any issues with them. Their build quality is top notch. As with any electronics, there can be defective ones. Even Zebralight has had a wave of defective lights. Although I have not dealt with the Armytek Customer Service, this is where they may fall short based on user feedback. The Fenix HM65R looks like a nice light, but the stepdown in Turbo and even High mode make it a poor option in my eyes. The Wizard will be regulated in all modes, and only drop in intensity if the temperature is too high. I would give the Armytek a try before you return. My 2 cents.

good test

Interesting. I don’t use my Wizard Pro VERY hard but I am known to drop my lights occasionally. Had a Fenix L0Dce that was on my keys that was dropped dozens of times if not more… and thrown across the room more than once. Never an issue! In fact, its sitting in reserve with a lithium AA “just in case” its ever needed! How rough were these drops you had? I’m just wondering what to expect from mine down the road.

Thank you Pavlo, I really do like the light and like I said, have been looking’s at them for years. Sense I bought if from Amazon I think I’ll keep it for a while, It really is an awesome looking like and the main reason I got it was for its three low lumen levels. Well your 2 cents was worth a lot, thank you again for sharing your experience with me. :+1: