Test/Review index of all tested usb chargers, any comments?

Hello!

I’m a regular user, so I didn’t know about these risks and I’m a little shocked, I have two SLS-B07 model chargers that is plugged 24/7 at home and at work, even bought 3 more to user in the other rooms. However, when reading your review I am very scared, should I throw it away and lose my money? What risk do I have when using this device? If it is plugged into the outlet with no charging device still a risk? If I have a smart plug (which is supposed to have discharge protection) and plug those devices into these outlets will I be protected? Now I want to also know if my smart plugs are really safe. Hahaha

Thanks!!

The risk I identified is that over voltage will break down the isolation and supply mains linked voltage on the output, in addition it has very high ripple. With this charger the next thunderstorm may make it lethal.

I would get rid of them as soon as possible, if you have lived with the risk a day, a week or a month more is probably not a big issue (Except if you are unlucky).

One of my big issue is non-safety rated caps, a thunderstorm may break it and leak mains voltage!
The very low creepage distance means that it is dangerous when there is a thunderstorm in the neighborhood or if you live in a industrial area.

>bvamorlm … what risk to I have …?

You should read the review you linked, down near the bottom below all the details you’ll find the TL:dr summary.

Dispose of them in electronics recycling where they’ll be destroyed— don’t just toss it in trash where someone could pick it out and try to use it.