Test/Review of 19mm CC 3000mA LED Driver 3 Modes, 5.5-12v, XM-L,SSC P7,MC-E

:smiley: :smiley: I cant tell you how many times Ive torn apart budget flashlights and thought the exact same thing about the chimps that must have put them together. Its sad that so many people have absolutely no pride in their work or such justifiable disdain for their sweat-shop employers.

As always, thanks for the excellent review. I almost purchased one of these cursed drivers but didnt when lck-ledā€™s customer service refused to answer my email questions.

True, but you donā€™t want to broadcast the switcher frequency, speaker wires as antennasā€¦ :wink:
Hence the coil (on the example just ā€˜beadsā€™ though) and caps.

Thanks for your replies.

That is correct, but not all manufacturers stays completely within the regulations. With a loose circuit board you do not even need to, because you can just say that the filter must be added to the finished product.

Any way to disable the low voltage protection? I want it to run on high until I shut it off. Nimh battery here.

Write you own program for the processor.

Dang that was quick. Disregard my pm. Well that sucks. I was hoping to get rid of it. Now my light only runs on high for about 20 minutes. If I got rid of that it would go for over an hour.

Thereā€™s probably a voltage divider circuit in that mess somewhere. If you can find the right one, removing a resistor could effectively disable lvp by tricking it.