Test/review of Apexium INR18650 2600mAh (Yellow)

Yes, I saw it’s just write: apexium, so I was on their site, there is no place where we can buy these cells on their site and I look elsewhere to see, and nothing, so thanks anyway for your answer. But I’m not more advanced, lol.

That discharge curve shape smells like Panasonic.

Cheers ^:)

Ooh Panasonic UR18650NSX.

Knew this was a Panasonic high drainx but could not remember the name.

Sorry, it’s not a Panasonic/Sanyo UR18650NSX, please see the positive pole, it’s 4 legs, it’s unknow chinese cell productor, i think. the chinese are more better now.

Hmm this is getting really nice if that is the case then.

Thanks for the correction. À demain.

I emailed them and asked them, WHY all that writing?! They responded relatively quick. Did not answer my question but asked if I wanted some cells. I said sure…then of course they wanted to know my website address, how many I sell a month and name of company!

I told them I am a hobbyist. Waiting to hear back but DOUBT very much that they will send me a few cells!

Here is what 4 X Sanyo GA can help produce! 5000Lumen/1.05Mcd!

It is ALWAYS good to be honest and sometimes its beneficial to being wrong!!

I did not think they would give me Two samples because I am not a Kingpin Lithium Ion dealer. I told her[Amy] that I am a hobbyist and a flashaholic.

She said , “Thank you for giving us a chance to send you free samples”! Pretty soon I will have the same pull and connections as HKJ! :wink:

The reason I said “discharge curves smell like Panasonic” is because there are some HKJ reviewed cells whose discharge curve shapes are nearly equal. See, for example, Orbtronic 18650PD 2900mAh black (Panasonic NCR18650PF based) or AmpMax 18650 2900mAh black (Panasonic NCR18650?). Check 'em in HKJ's comparator. A considerable improvement (reduction) in the separator thickness and maybe composition for these cells may well be the reason for the higher discharge rate (increased surface = less internal resistance). The lesser energy density because of more space taken by the thinner separator because of way more stuff turns.

I am not saying that is this way. Just a reasonable guess.

Cheers ^:)

Lucky you wolfdog1226, those are kickass cells.

Me, on the other hand, am right now about empty handed. It's not the first time the idea of asking for help right here comes to my mind, images included. There's certain opposition within me but I know it is of no service to The Light. I even purchased one of the Convoy S2+ Copper Limited Edition hosts not that long ago, but guess I am going to have to sell it. I originally planned on making a build with an XHP50A-00-0000-0D0UG435G (≈3500K 3-step EasyWhite, 90+ CRI, top G4 bin according to datasheet; bought the last 2 pieces from Arrow about a couple months ago), textured/orange peel reflector, H1-A boost driver soldered to pill and lighted tailcap. Guess that is not realistic for me now because I am rich LoL. I have all parts, in case anyone interested.

More on this later.

Cheers

Originally posted on Mon, 09/03/2018 - 19:07. Edited for a lil fix plus addendum.

She also told me they have a USA Warehouse. They will be sending a big shipment there and they will send me my samples.

I guess if people in the USA and the dealers like them there should be easy access to obtain them.

They have close to identical voltage sag as VTC5A, even a bit better after 3.4V which I will never see!

Barkuti …

I think that
Orbtronic PD,
is
Panasonic NCR PD 2900

It seems to me that the trail of Apexium discharging looks like Aosibo’s …
Maybe ???

Good point. The trail is also quite similar to that of these no longer state of the art Panasonic cells, as I said. All of this could be because all of these cells probably share the same chemistry, being the insulator technology the major difference. The Aosibo review was published nearly 4 years ago, if both that one and the Apexium INR18650 2600mAh come from the same OEM I guess they've improved the insulator quite a lot because, at 0.25Ah point in the discharge curve, the average cell IR for the Aosibo is ΔV / ΔI = (3.875V - 3.165V) / (30 - 5) = 28.4mΩ, whereas average cell IR for the Apexium is (3.94V - 3.495V) / 25 = 17.8mΩ.

I wonder about cycle life, though.

Cheers :-)

Look at the positive pole of the apexium, it is much less curved (almost flat) on its extremities, which leaves thought that the Aosibo is a rewrap of a model from LG, Apexium as for him, does not looks like no positive pole existing in major manufacturers (Samsung, Sony / Murata, LG, Panasonic / SANYO, etc …), and more when you compare the curves of discharges at different levels of intensity between the Aosibo and Apexium, sag tensions are not at all the same (especially at high intensity, it’s more than blatant). As I have heard from my previous posts on this topic, Chinese cells have made a huge technological leap forward in terms of performance (I do not speak in any of their regularity and reliability), especially for the purpose of to impose a maximum on the vape market, for example Golisi, a recognized rewrapper, whom I had the opportunity to discuss for a moment with their technical and marketing managers, advocates the use of only manufacturing batteries and brands completely Chinese, because they found it difficult and tedious to succeed in obtaining important qunatités of Japanese and / or Korean cells of qualities (ex: Sanyo NCR20700A and NCR2070C which are very hard to obtain, since the order books of this mark are completely saturated by requests from Tesla, BOSCH, Metabowerke, DeWalt, etc … and unfortunately for an indefinite time, try to get original NCR20700A, you risk waiting really long to see indefinitely). As a result, Chinese cell manufacturers have seized the opportunity to grab a good chunk of the battery market for the high-powered vape, which is not really surprising to them. Finally, the only time I saw positive poles much like those of apexium is on cells from Howell, a Chinese manufacturer, they make cells 18650 and 20700, to my knowledge.

Hi customer, just feel free to contact us : contact@apexiumtech.com or check out on www.apexiumtech.com

Yes, Apexium welcome samples testing. Just the shipping time will be a little longer, kindly hope you can understand for the overseas shipping for samples of DG is very hard and strictly.

Once we have tracking number, will email you timely.

I think you can contact me(contact@apexiumtech.com) to get samples for comparing test. Then the answer is come out, right?

My batteries[4] are on the way. Amy sent me an email and included where these batteries are derived.

Q: I wonder who is the OEM that makes these?

Hongkong Apexium technology Co.Ltd is the first company use Molicll INR 18650 P26Ah Lithium-ion battery( which Taiwan manufacture established in 1998 ). Moli Energy Corp does not sell the original cell to unauthorized wholesaler or retailer, and they hope battery supplier OEM a brand from the original Molicel.

Apexium use double PVC on wrapper to ensure double safety, following market researching feedback with modern design, writing professional and simple specification for easier understanding of the discharge current and battery warning.

I am not sure what the rules are here. I did NOT include the entire email,just the pertinent info. w/ some editing/rewording on my part

Thanks Amy for sending the Four Donated batteries. I look forward to using them.

HKJ Discharged @ 1 Amp=2493mAhMy 4 slot median =2631mAh*OPUS IS 5.25% Higher than HKJ

Discharged @ 1Amp

I believe this[Apexium] is the OEM P26A cell by Molicel.

If you look at your comparator, when comparing the Vapcell INR 18650 2600mAh[Green] 2018* To the Apexium INR 18650 2600mah, there voltage curves are basically identical regardless of which amp setting is used.

MOOCH strongly believes through his testing that the Vapcell INR 18650 2600mAh[Green] is the OEM P26A cell by Molicel.

Mooch quote below:

Bench Test Results: Molicel P26A 35A 2600mAh 18650…only 25A but beats VTC5A, equals 25S

“Bottom Line: This appears to be the cell that was rewrapped for the green Vapcell 25A 2600mAh and Ampking 35A-45A 2600mAh cells. It is a great performer that beats the Sony VTC5A, equals the Samsung 25S, and almost equals the Samsung 24S or Sony VTC6A.”

When you get the OEM Molicel P26A for testing, I believe this will once again show the same curves. :smiley: