Test/Review of Charger LiitoKala Engineer Lii-260

Was just looking for another protection circuit… can’t have too many. Better safe than a burned down house. :slight_smile:

I took a look at the schematic but I don’t see anything that resembles a thermal sensor… of course, I have no electronics background and really can’t read the schematic that well. :slight_smile:

-d

I made a charging station with slots in the surface and a built in fan with a speed controller. :slight_smile:

I am quite happy with mine. Thanks. All I miss of my previous Soshine is the white case. I will probably give it away and use this and two little Xtars. I am having varying voltage readings, but I think it is my cheap multimeter.

Anyone know for sure the web address for the manufacturer?

There appears to be some confusion: Mini review of the Liitokala Lii-500 Analyzing Charger

On the resistance measurement — is there a cutoff or threshold where resistance is high enough the cell isn’t worth saving, or is less safe?

(I got four 26650 “DeWorld” brand protected Li-ions as Radio Shack closeouts — one showed zero volts and had to be reset before it would accept charge and it shows “60 mR” on the LiitoKala. That one gets noticeably, slightly, warm while charging at 500 mAh; the other one from the same blisterpack shows 57mr)

The pair that charged OK from the start show 52 and 53mr and don’t feel at all warm when charging.