Test/Review of Charger LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500

So I expect this North Korea thing is going to cause some problems with trading with China. So I want to pick up an additional charger as a back up. I like my Lii-500 b/c I can test battery capacity. So do I buy a second one as back up or is there a Lii-600 (?) about to be released and I should wait for that one? Anyone have an idea on a new Lii or another charger that is even better in the same price range?

When you look at HKJ’s review of Lii-400, it states:

So, I’m not sure how this is any better than Lii-500…

Zanflare C4. Seems to be almost identical to the Li500 but the IR apparently works. HKJ has a test of it. I have one in transit but no personal experience yet.

Some NiMH cells are voltage terminated, without top-off charge; batteries may not be completely filled but certainly within a few percent of maximum capacity. In case you're not aware, modern high capacity NiMH chemistry is overcharge intolerant, this resulting in cell damage. So this behaviour IS GOOD.

Cheers ^:)

I actually just heard of this one about a week ago. Is it fairly new to the charger scene?
Where did you get the one you ordered?

It seems relatively new. I only recently became aware of it. I know there is a huge following of the Lii500 here. I own 2 myself but frankly I think the Opus is more versatile. If the IR WORKED on the Li500 I would like it more….but it simply does not. I’m hoping the C4 is the best of both worlds. I got it from Gearbest with coupon for $25. GearBEST's Sale . Rovyvon A5 $15.99 . Convoy S21 $15.99

Thanks for the reply flydiver. I like the Lii 500’s a lot also… better than my OPUS in fact; but you are correct… the IR is useless.
After reading HKJ’s review on the Zanflare C4 I think I am gonna try one.
Thanks again……. :+1:

A number if new chargers out there…. Nitecore SC4, Miboxer C4-12, Folomov A4…

Thanks Pete… I’ll check out those you mentioned. :slight_smile:

The Zanflare looks good. The only thing I don’t like about it is it doesn’t use the standard 5.5 x 2.1mm power connector. Minor details of course.

Whst does it use Gienn?

It’s smaller in diameter from what I can see. I have no idea what size it is to be honest. All I know is it’s not the standard size we all know.

OK… thank you for the info my friend. :wink:
It’s a shame some companies do crap like that.
Why not standardize or at least use something common. :slight_smile:

Takes out the toolbox and soldering iron. Replaces @#$% connectors with raw terminal blocks, properly tins wire tips to avoid wire fraying.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (ᵔᴥᵔ) (^̮^)

Cheers ^:)

Barkuti, it makes for a more secure connection, that for sure. Slightly less convenient though. lol

So I bought a second Lii-500 just in case. Bought it from the Liitokala Official Store on Alibaba. Much cheaper than the first one. $19.xx all in shipping included. Already on the way. Hope the North Koreans don’t blow up the boat it is on !!! I also hope The Liitokala Official Store isn’t fake selling fakes. :>)

Mail moves by air.

Correct, yet it seems people here like to say “slow boat from China” as a joke or something. I think that’s what Windsurf was referencing, but I could be wrong.

How we can understand if a lii-500 uses the technology from lii-400?

lii500 uses voltage termination, but the terminating voltage depends on the cell: for a brand new Eneloop it is about 1.49V, for a worn-out cell some 1.54V. But in any case there is a characteristic temperature rise indicating that the cell is full.