Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 software V2 update

I have lost count of posts and are sorry to ask this, but I am challenged in finding the time to study the matter: could anybody be so kind to put together the issues of this charger in formato of a short list? It sure has been done but I cannot access this information after quite some browsing (my bad) and would like to better understand. Sorry again.

P. S.
I used this charger to charge 18650s and NiMh, and did it with success, plus I loved the voltage check feature so I don’t have to take out the multimeter :slight_smile:

No one is friends with ‘the moderator’, I heard he eats children and puppies, but mostly pupplies.

Eats children and puppies?

Our moderator is Ann Coulter?

That monster, puppies aren't certified gluten-free!

Yesterday my refresh of 2 NiMH C cells finished. The final readings for mah were a bit odd.

When the process was going on, I saw intermediate values when I would come to check if it was finished. The cell in slot one showed a capacity of around 4300 mah. But when things were finished it was around 3400. They are 4000mah cells. It appears to display the total cycle charging current/time during each charge cycle. But that seems like bit wide a difference. Slot 4 finished within the expected range.

I am not going to run another refresh cycle on any of the remaining cells. I am just going to discharge them and then charge them. Refresh just take too long (not a bad thing, I just need to use the batteries). I am going to start keeping notes on cell performance to see how much variation there will be. Probably I will not use refresh often. If I try to revive a cell I will probably just do my own charge/discharge cycles. That way I will be able to see any progress during the process.

Another thought for the manufacturer. When doing a refresh, store the charge numbers for each of the cycles and allow them to be read out at the end of the process. As long as they have enough memory in their processor, after coding, this is essentially a cost free value added feature.

Then for the higher priced version, a USB port that lets a PC record things. Or set charging programs.

Alternety, I think the biggest barrier to making that information available may not be available resources. Instead remember that the UI already gets some small complaints. Adding any more complexity without a better screen (which can convey more information, such as more exactly what the values it is displaying pertain to) will just make the UI harder to manage.

A fair number of folks are probably ready to pounce on a charger which can display all that stuff.

On the fan business, see my post #20 in Old-Lumens’s Nitecore mod thread for my thoughts on shoving a fan under or behind the charger. Chloe and probably some others were also throwing good ideas around.

That would be the best way to add more info. Sometimes putting all the information on the screen of the device for any level of user is more trouble than it's worth, for example, some of them would go crazy with ignorance if they saw that the current decreased for a long period of time towards the end of the charge.

Incidentally, by chicken wire I do not necessarily mean regular old chicken wire. Too flimsy. What I would use is a much denser grid 1/4" or 1/2". I have a bunch of that left from building a rat proof cage for my gas grill.

I think a really good charger should have WiFi and a web interface to control and monitor it. That way you can sit at your computer or use your smartphone and follow the process. And gather statistics and update the firmware. It might even be possible to remove all buttons and controls from the charger, so it would be cheaper to make. Perhaps in version 5-6 of this charger?

It will be available in Version Triple The Price.

we were discussing power supplies for this charger.
there is one on kickstarter.
what do you think about it.
i will do a new thread for this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/412473553/high-voltage-power-supply-for-diy-330-1000v-20w-10?ref=category

I am starting to suspect that you are trolling us. This PSU is clearly a terrible, terrible choice. We need 12v DC from ~100-200v AC. The PSU you asked about clearly states that it needs 5-15v DC… approximately the same thing we need!

So not only is the PSU intended for extremely high output voltage compared to what we deal with in this hobby, it also needs a PSU of it’s own… which would be the same voltage as the PSU we need for this charger.

I find it very difficult to deal with you.

So diplomatic. I don’t think he’s trolling, just has no idea about electronics.

Well I have charged some 2800 batteries and they charge mAh is very close to the discharge mAh. I need to do further tests but it appears that the discrepancy between the charge and discharge isn’t a problem for me. I think it was a problem with the 3400 batteries ? Too many pages to dig through now.

Writing like every post is a haiku is weird, but whatever, you did that with your old account too. If you're looking for a power supply, look at the xbox power supply. It's 12 volts and has more than enough current to handle this charger. It'll be good to have if you ever get a hobby charger. I've been planning on getting another one. Hopefully this recommendation doesn't result in me having to pay more because you guys are snapping them up.

C’mon, this is cat eyes evil twin (cat eyes, evil twin)

Here is a thread by ex-member cat eyes, remember this one?

writing style is the same

this is pure flashlight forum racism. if those cat people were writing limericks, you would all be cheering and screaming erin go braugh.— remember : sanyo is haiku spelled upside down

Haven't you ever wondered why most flashlights are black?

Yeah, but the emitters glow white:)