Test/Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000

Gearbest version seems the newest, two fans present :).

I has a lot of options which I will never need. Original software does not connect to charger in linux (and running by wine) but DataExplorer works! I do not know how to export image of graph in DataExplorer, only screenshoot it… :confused:

The beeping of charger can be disabled? I have disabled it in menu but it still beep on some occasions (lost connection when I remove battery during action and others). Beeping cannot be disabled everywhere?
I already found out that NiMH in chinese solar light should be 600mAh but in reality is only 1/10 of it :(. Similir light, bought locally with shop branding on the box has 300mAh and they are bigger, was able to charge them up to 400mAh, then I stopped it. Still only ~1.45V.

Wut. 60mAh of of the capacity? That’s really bad.

And yeah, it’s problematic. Most charger/USB tester software doesn’t run on Linux distros, since Windows is even more prevalent in China compared to other OSes.

1,45V end charge voltage is perfectly fine.

Yeah :D. And I was surprised how bad that solar light holds light :). DataExplorer is fine for me, I have to setup everything on charger but that is not a problem, I though it will be harded. Only if I want to see something during charging or after, it is harder to remember when and which button to press to do/view something. Only downside of DataExplorer is that it has got a lot of options in UI and no guide which will tell beginner what it is and how to do, for example, image export of graph. It even seems that it can read the program from charger, has some option to name the programs but it loose it when started next time. So I am not sure about it :).

Also, bluetooth connection works great, pity that application has it’s own programs! That should be fixed :/.

I will try that chinese 60mAh again with charger’s refresh program, I did it manually before. But it stopped with default charge settings (after discharged to 1.0V or 0.9V) with 5x mAh always… Very bad battery. Will be exchanged for eneloop soon :).

I would like to put some more info out there about this charger. I have had it for a few months and so far it is everything I could have wanted!
-I will be posting a review video on youtube I was wondering if there were things I should address?
-I think I will be talking alot about how you use the charger instead of trying to list what all it can do, like the differences in the FW1.14 UI modes dummy VS advanced and the PC/phone apps.
-I will mention data retention like bumping the cell or a power cut.
-then I will tear it down and show the slight changes to HW2.2 vs 1.0

im not doing this for the views, just to share things I am passionate about, ill be referring people to the forum for sure, hopefully it becomes more popular this next year and we get better PC software and mobile apps.

That’s good, wanted to know what’s the difference between HW2.2 vs 1.0…

That would be great! I got two of these for a year+ or so and love them! It's amazing how amps these things can put out. Spec says 50W output, and I've done up to 10 amps across 4 cells. Love that I can tweak the amps according to the cells I'm charging. I use 2.8A charge for the big 26650's.

Hey all my review is uploaded: Sky RC MC3000 Review and Teardown - YouTube

here is the album for the pics of the new board and heatsink: (I can post them in here if you want I figure linking out is more efficient)

The MC3000 is on sale now at NKON for 72 €.

Cool! Ordered one… still have the original version that I had to hit with a higher voltage power supply to get it out of a low voltage (power supply) input fault. It’s working reliably again but I don’t trust it, got the new for the day it will go to the light!

Got this one too a week ago. Overall I’m happy, but for this price I’d point a few cons (but not deal breakers):

• 21700 fit just barely. I really have to fiddle with Samsung 40T to place them in. Since it was released 5 years ago I assume they just got lucky they made slots long enough
  • Metal sliders are not too smooth - you need to learn how to pull them or they get stuck on you
  • Buttons are rattling in their slots and make very loud click sounds. I use mostly Phone app since buttons are so unpleasant to use
  • The power brick has notable PWM hissing sound. I can hear it even from 1 meter away, hence this charger never sits on my desk
  • The pin on the DC socket seems to be thicker than the standard DC5.5 so I can’t use it with my other power supplies - their plug doesn’t fit into MC3000 Socket.

The smartphone app works perfectly on my Samsung S10, but I wish it had a bit more features to it:

• Selected slots are part of the program, but I’d rather to select slots when starting a program.
    For now I have a program for every battery model but have to edit them often just to select the proper slots
  • I’d like to have history of my charging/discharging/etc. sessions - as it is now, when I remove the battery the data is gone
  • It will be great to have graphs zoomable - they are very tiny as they are now

(For the reference, I’m just a newbie hobbyist and my other chargers are Lii-500s and Nitecore UMS2)