Test/Review of Charger Xtar SV2 Rocket

Does it charge both bays at 2 amps? Or is 2amp if only one battery is in it the sp2 I mean

But the SV2 Rocket also does NiMH’s for $5 more. Plus the display :beer: Yep, I’m having a couple of Bloody Mary’s right now, feeling no pain :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, it sure is!!! :+1:

And since it can charge 2 batteries at 2.0A each, and through no fault of my own I seem to have somehow acquired several 26650 batteries; (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it…………. :person_facepalming: … :wink: . ) I may get another one of these while the getting is good. :+1:

No bells and whistles for sure, but hey; most of the time bells & whistles are just that………… bells & whistles. :wink:

Amazon through Performance Outdoor Gear is selling the XTAR SP2 for $22.91. :slight_smile:

Great price! I’m still happy getting the new SV2 Rocket. I will report back when I get it.

+1

I did not mean to rain on your parade. Do let us know how you like the new one. :slight_smile:

No problem my friend. I’ll let you know what I think after I test it out.

I have one question. How much better is this charger at charging Eneloops than my PowerEx C 9000?

Edit: Got it today. So far I’m very pleased with it’s perfomance.

+1

Glad to hear you are pleased with the new XTAR! :slight_smile:

Thanks HJK for your great review, as normal.
I just noticed this review as I have added a SV2 to my charging stable.

Lateck,

[quote=sidecross]

It’s a simple charger that does what it’s supposed to do reliably. I’ve been using it exclusively to charge my 26650’s at 2 amps. I wish it had a voltage readout like the VP2 instead of percentage. But that’s only a minor gripe. All in all I’m still happy. I highly recommend it to anyone needing a 2 bay charger that does 2 amps.

I got a “Rocket” for twenty bucks from IMR Batteries during their BlackFriday sale. I really like the 2A charging part for both bays. It really speeds things up. :+1: