Test/review of Molicel INR21700-P42A 4200mAh (Gray)

Is the result of the automatic cycle, doing first of all the full charging to 4.20V and after that the discharging-recharging cycle inside which the capacity value is measured and displayed.

A completly automatic function activable on request of that charger/analyzer.

Please understand that a regular battery charger is not accurate for measuring capacity. The manufacturer and people like HKJ and Mooch have special testing setups that are more accurate.

On top of that, the cells donā€™t have a single capacity, but more a range. The P42A has a range of 4,000-4,200 mah as measured by the factory.

Small variables in the testing also effect the capacity results. Such as discharge and charge rate and the discharge voltage the charger uses.

The readings you got from your charger seem perfectly normal.

To post pictures you need to have a website you can upload them to and host them. I use Imgur, but there are others. Then you use the link the host provides and you copy/paste it here.

One of the larger issues with the analytical chargers is the lack of a 4 point connection. This means that any resistance from the rails, internal, and external contacts are not compensated for. At 1Amp, this could result in noticeably premature termination of both charge and discharge cycles. As Jason mentioned, these are decent approximation tools and if cared for and used carefully, can be a way to track the relative health of a cell over time. ā€˜Careful useā€™ means things like keeping track of which bay a measurement was taken, and also that the contacts remain clean and cells are installed precisely to minimize contact resistance.

These should work really well in the NSX3!

Donā€™t remember the exact number but my P42A measured about 4030mah with the Lii-500 NOR TEST.

Hello everyone!!
IĀ“m Ɓlvaro and i wanted to ask all of you an issue that i hope you could help me.
My doubt comes when i have to choose between 2 batteries for my Lumintop fw21 pro. This flashlight offers lots of lumens and the best battery you can choose, is the Samsung 21700 30T. But i find that this battery isnĀ“t big enough for me (3000 mah) and i wanted to buy another battery which could offer me more capacity but keeping the highest ouptut possible. I am between the Samsung 21700 40T and the Molicell 21700 P42A, both have 4000 mah but i read that with the Molicell you get more mah than with the Samsung. I read that is better the first one than the second one. IĀ“ve seen too that with the samsung you get higher voltage at the beginning of the discharge (4.2v-3.9v). At 3,9v they output the same voltage and at this point is where some people say that itĀ“s better the Molicell because it offers a little more capacity. ĀæWhat battery do you recommend me for my flashlight?
I hope iĀ“ve explained it as well as i could.
Thank you.

You are over thinking things. The 30T might draw more amps, but you will not SEE any difference in output. You will only measure the difference in output using an integrating sphere. So do not worry about it. The 40T and P42A are both great. Get whichever is cheaper for you.