Test/review of Shockli 14500 AA 1000mAh (Black)

I still use these bateries for my Lumintop Tool 2.0, for maybe 15 minutes a day, various modes and no problems at all.

I think is a good choice but whitout LVP I don’t know if is possible to put in turbo without little bit of anxious :person_facepalming:

Turbo has nothing to do with LVP, if the battery is low it wouldn’t be able to sustain turbo, it will be easy to notice. The risk of overdischarge comes from accidental activation (mechanical or electronic lockout can help with that) or getting asleep with the flashlight on.

A overdischarged battery is not dangerous by itself but attempting to recharge it is. So you need a multimeter to check the voltage if you suspect overdischarge, if voltage is too low it’s better to play it safe and toss it rather than risking a fire.

I know turbo as nothing to do with LVP, but over discharge without protection i think it is not a good idea. I don’t go out with a multimeter so I can’t check the battery. Yes if is to low is easy to notice but i prefer protected cell in this case.
But i want to by Shockli unprotected and try with Tool 2.0 :smiley: