Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube / Sphere No math skills needed - Several spheres still available

View post on imgur.com

SP10A

AA first then 14500

Camera settings - F5.0, 400 ISO, 2 sec

Lumen reading

Sofirn 14500 - straight off the charger

701 - on
599 - 30 sec

Energizer AA 1.2V - straight off the charger

378 - on
295 - 30 sec

Oh wow that sp10a isimpressive. Hope the new one doesnt use the crap sp10b driver. Thanks for the shots!

Does anyone happen to have a light they would lend me to calibrate? Doesn’t have to be an official Maukka light. Maybe something that’s been measured after. I would happily pay for shipping and send it right back the following day. Can’t imagine it taking more than a few minutes to get mine set up properly. I feel mine is measuring low. I’ve tried comparing a few stock lights to everyone’s charts, and my numbers seem low after the .68 correction. For instance, my Thorfire C8S measures 785 on high. Love this tube, but I think mine needs just a bit more tuning. Thanks.

Send me a PM, I should have something laying around I can send you.

Oh and I found 1 more 4.5” tube in the garage, so anyone that missed out, this is the last one I have except the backup I am keeping for myself.

785 sounds about right. It uses a 2.8A driver like my Convoy C8 which measures 800 lumen at 30 seconds.

Then again, I sometimes think my measurements are a bit low even though I’m using a Maukka calibration light. So who knows? Lol

You might be right and my tube could be spot on. I think I just need to have the peace of mind knowing I have it calibrated correctly.

I get 816 at 30 sec with a Convoy C8 XPL HI - Cool White

:person_facepalming:

Luckily you built your own light box and can use ceiling bounces, so now you know exactly the correct lumens for all of your lights with no doubts. Yay!

I didn’t tune it to one light that’s for sure

We know. You use the manufacturer ratings of several lights and average them out. This gives you the output levels you expect, not necessarily what is correct.

Yep…. Just using a different ‘screen name’. :person_facepalming:

Oh yeah, it used to be KG_Tuning. I didn’t even notice.

Lets not get back into stuff that is under the bridge.

btw, is mateminco sourcing the E bin 219C? Really hope they dont just use the typical 219C again. Most people already have that and it will not help them sell as easily.

I am not sure, it seems that the E bin 219C are no more from talking to clemence. So I am not holding my breath.

It appears Nichia is pushing the E21/E17 as replacements but they are nearly useless for our uses due to not having a thermal pad.

Fenix have sent me a 1000 lumen PD35 V2.0 for review, I’ve measured it on my lightbox at 1018 lumens ANSI with Samsung 30Q and 1088 lumens ANSI with Ampsplus Q30.

It would have measured 600-800 on my TA tube. As all my lights measuring circa 1000 on the KG-Lightbox measured 600-800 on the Texas_Ace Calibrating tube. In fact nearly all of my 100+ lights read 20% lower on the TA tube so it’s not hard to surmise what the ballpark measurement would have been.

You can’t say that since you do not have a TA tube to test it on and everyone else that tested such lights had them read correctly. You are giving pure conjecture.

Lets let the dead horse be dead. :person_facepalming:

So much for getting a Fenix then