Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

That is awesome. Do you have your DR.Meter to test the modded BK-FA30S? I wonder if it can beat a stock TN42 with the mod. I’m still contemplating on some other lights to send you so you can take a look at them.

The meter might show up today actually, we will see if it shows up before I ship it out tomorrow.

And seems like my light was delivered at TA’s place! That’s quicker than expected. I sent it on Monday and Lady told me 7-10 days lol. Seeing the tracking number saying it’s there just made my day…

I will look for them.

Normal expected delivery date should be on the receipt. Easy coast to Texas take 2 days? That’s one day quicker. Nice…

Yes, pretty sure I got one light today, most likely yours. I will look it over later and if all goes well can get it back in the mail tomorrow.

Oh snap, I got you two Texans confused again. :person_facepalming:
Yes, me and DBCUSTOM.

Yea if it’s a MT03 then I’m pretty sure that’s it

Yep, I just pulled it out, going to start working on it in a little bit.

Would it be possible to get TK’s Andúril working on this driver without too much extra fiddling? I’ve really been wanting to try it out.

I have heard of it but know nothing about it besides the name. I think it is some form of ramping firmware?

Yes, it is a ramping firmware with many more secondary modes, like candle mode, lightning mode, party strobe, customizable beacon for specific morse codes, even ramping customization, or even sunset mode where the current is limited and pulses to look like the sunset:

There for some more info. It wouldn’t be too hard to flash it directly, and I know many people would pay for it to be flashed.

Launchpad page:
https://code.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware

Yes, it’s TK’s ramping firmware. She has it working on the Q8 and all the Emisars and I think some other lights as well. It’s what’s going on the new fW3a blf tlf elegant triple. It has user configurable floor and ceiling in the ramp a lot of other awesome features. I would be over the moon if you can get it working on my green meanie.

Wow talking about taking flashlight to a different level lol… so many modes there and I also heard the FW3A might do a muggle mode for simple uses

If it has a pinout setup like the Q8 it should be able to work, I think I used the Q8 pinout for these drivers IIRC. It just has a large learning curve to get a new firmware working and I don’t have that much time right now. Plus I have to use linux for TK’s firmwares and my linux machine is down right now.

I will look into this in a few weeks after I finish up these projects I am working on now though.

Ok I just got yuhsin91123 MT03 finished. He wanted P2 5700k LED’s, 50% ramp, spring bypasses and tailcap washer.

Interestingly this is the highest output light I have built yet by ~500 lumens. Although the official rating is ~22k lumens with the new system.

Just the luck of the LED lottery it looks like. At first I was worried since it was only doing ~18k lumens. I noticed that the carrier contact ring was dirty so I cleaned that and boom, not only back where it should be but highest yet. I would not have guessed that little bit of gunk on the contact ring would make that much of a difference.

It will be shipping tomorrow.

I am still in need of some computer components and a compact laptop if anyone wants to trade BTW

I have a line on someone that might possibly trade an 8700k for a flashlight on craigslist, if that goes through then I will be rotating all the house computers and I will need all new components for that system.

22k lumens with new system!!! Woot!! This thing is going to lit up like a sea lol.
And now we know that dirty rings can cost you 4000 lumens…

Ok what.

An 8700k for a flashlight? Does he want a BLF GT or a Haikelite MT09R Texas Ace Engraved Full out edition?

Also, you should go for Ryzen 2 if you could, or 1st gen Ryzen. 8 cores/16 threads for 250-300$ :smiley:

Indeed, both really surprised me.