Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Pricing in OP

For the pricing, see the post #1810. Here is a link.

With this much power even small amount of dirt can play havoc, even I didn’t realize how much until the light today. Although I bet it plays a role in some of the variations I have seen. I am going to start cleaning the contact points now to see what effects it has.

Not yet, Terry dropped them off at one of those shipping stores on Monday and they took a few days to actually hand them to the USPS. So they were delayed slightly. I think the updated tracking has them here on Friday is what he said.

Yes, for the complete treatment from me the price is $102 (unless you want the LED’s dedomed, that is $15 extra)

The light is completely separate from Terry and they are on discount right now for $120.

Thanks for posting that but I have stopped updating that post in favor of the OP of this thread, it is a lot easier to access. This OP has the latest updates.

Have you checked the numbers with the stock emitters after your mods?

If there’s a chance it might be possible, I don’t mind waiting. Fingers Crossed.

Yeah, they are spread out in the thread. The WW and CW emitters generally end up around 15-16k lumens with the mods IIRC and the NW emitters between 16k-19k lumens thus far. I will test one of the new batch of lights again to see what they are doing when they show up.

There is a chance but I also realized that I doubt she has made a version for 2s or 4s lights, which could need some significant changes.

So even once I get time to look at it there is no guarantee I will be able to get it working properly. I am not sure if TK is “On or off” right now, she tends to go in spurts of lots of activity and then nothing lol.

I will look at it but not sure if that will work or when it will happen.

So right now I’m like “Expecting 20k lumen light with old reading
. gets 22k lumen back on the new reading system” This is awesome

Can’t wait to get it back!!

LOL, tiss how the ball bounces. Sometimes in your favor, others not so much. Of course this is also a fresh LED, the output will naturally drop some over time, I am curious to see how much these lights have dropped once people get the spheres actually. We do not have any good data on the break-in period or the amount of losses to expect yet.

So far it looks like around ~10% drop over an unknown number of hours.

Well, My dr meter showed up today and I was able to get some readings of the XHP70.2 GT’s along with some crude beamshots. I will post the results tomorrow but I will just say I am not disappointed in the slightest.

Ok, here are the results of my testing with the Dr Meter LX1330B lux meter and the XHP70.2 GT.

These readings are at 10m, outside.

First the stock GT for a reference point.

- 1.1 Mcd for a total of 2100m of throw

Next up is the XHP70.2 80cri GT with dome on

- 560 Kcd for a total of 1500m of throw with over 9,000 lumens!

Lastly the XHP70.2 80cri GT with sliced dome

- 750 Kcd for a total of 1725m of throw with over 9,000 lumens!

So needless to say I am pretty happy with the results. A P2 bin XHP70.2 could most likely get a bit more then this but I didn’t have any on hand when I put these together.

Here are some very crude beam shots that kind of show the difference.

Dome on > Dome sliced > Stock GT

Stock GT:

XHP70.2 sliced Dome GT

XHP70.2 dome on GT

I am officially listing both of these lights for sale and I can swap the LED to something else if someone wanted.

I will post a thread for them later when I have some time. PM me if interested.

The 70.2 dedome with a bigger beam and triple the lumens would be more practical than the stock XHP35 HI when shooting far away. I wish we can get something with that kind of performance in a light not larger than the TN42.

Maybe now you can start measuring the MT09R XHP35 HI and MT07S that you mod. :sunglasses:

You can get a 70.2 in a MF02 from Skylumen. The reflector is smaller than the TN42 and it’s only 6500 lumen, though.

Yeah, I didn’t have any ready yesterday when I was testing or I would of gotten a reading. It is kind of a pain to setup the test setup but it seems to basically mirror my indoor tests so maybe I can use my indoor testing, that is easier although still harder since it needs to be at night to get the best results.

I like the xhp70.2 better for most things but there is something about the xhp35 version as well, it is just so dang fun to see something and be able to light it up.

Thats why I plan to keep one of each.

Hey, TA, have you asked Toykeeper about Anduril support on a 6V light?

I’d be willing to pay 5$ if it was possible to do so.

can someone confirm on the programming: when I am in ‘ramping’ mode, for the blinkies the default is #1 (disabled). The manual says it is #3 (all enabled). Is the manual in the OP correct, or is there another for this driver? In ‘ramping’, what is the default for the thermal stepdown? I ask because my light gets really hot really quick :slight_smile: And the 8 seconds to hold to enter programming is considerably longer than 8 seconds just so you know, at least on mine it is.

appreciate the replies, thanks.

(got my light today Texas_Ace, thanks again, so much!)

Here is my mt07s TA. 10000 lumen OTF.

Low mode

Turbo