Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Thanks for the heads up Jason.
And Nl, if you don’t already have the mt03 TA, that’s also a great light.

I do have a mt03 from skylumen… but it is pushing only 14000 lumen…

I think TA driver is more powerful. I dont know…

Is your MT03 driver the original one from Haikelite using their UI or the newer design from TA using NarsilM?

mt03 have a stock driver. Skylumen mod little bit.

Mt03 have potential to get 18000 lumen if TA driver were installed.

I am just saying TA driver would gain 4000 lumen extra.

It is impressive that he got the stock driver to 14k lumen honestly. The stock driver was not exactly great.

Also at the time there were no other drop in driver options I am sure, so it makes sense to stick with the stock modded driver. The cost to make a custom driver is significant and not practical for a handful of lights.

Thats why I generally don’t bother with offering mods / drivers for lights unless I can sell at least 50 of them. Just not worth the time and effort for less in most cases.

Is this the spot I list my green one for sale?
:wink:

No, there is a whole section of the forum for buying and selling. Try here.
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/marketplace/sell

that was sarcasm….this thread is in that forum too…

Wow, I had no idea. I just assumed this was in a modding section or something.

I guess you are in the right place! Lol

either way, I was going to post a note… I mean people subbed to this whole thread would get a notice and maybe raise their interest, if they weren’t monitoring for sale…

:slight_smile:

Pm inbound haha

has anyone tried spring bypassing the MT09R factory TA driver successfully from the latest batch?

I have not seen the latest batch to know if they corrected the FET but always best to assume they have not and be surprised if they did.

So I would only bypass the springs if you also upgrade the FET.

Hi All !

I’m looking for a home made very powerful light from XHP70.2 and this cheap MT09R looks cool, but do you think i can feed this beast with my tracer 12v 22Ah battery ?

I have two so maybe I need to pair them ?

Also better drivers to get 20.000 lumens the longest possible ?

Thanks for your advises !

I could sell you my TA light like this

:slight_smile:

:+1: Have you some that could do the job ?

I have ordered 7 TA lights in the past 4 months. I didn’t even realize there was a issue with the driver. I must have missed the post. What’s the issue? I did notice that I couldn’t access the strobe.

The lights I made are fine, the factory made lights with my driver used a fake FET and it can fail due to not being rated for the load.

My drivers are White (except for some from several years ago that were green or Blue). The factory drivers with fake FET’s are red.

@drmax, you.need a 4S battery pack, not a 3S pack.

Your project idea is not going to work.