Texas Avenger Driver for the XHP70.2 GT

Yeah, batteries will improve but we have now reached the point of diminishing returns. So the improvements will be slow and minor compared to years past. That is why they are going to larger cells now, which the GT does not support.

If you were to bypass all the springs, then yes it is possible it would overdrive the LED in the future, but without that I just don’t see it happening. The springs would be the weak link. This is partly by design BTW as a safety net.

Got to remember that is with low resistance builds with all springs bypassed.

This is not practical for production or even for most hobbyist. Good spring bypasses are not something everyone (or even most) can do. Heck most of my first bypasses failed over time. Took me years to perfect them to the point I am now reasonably sure they will stand the test of time.

No way I am going to trust a Chinese line worker to get it right from day one on 10 springs per light. Not to mention it would easily see a rather significant price increase on the light as a whole.

Things change a whole lot when you are working on things for a production line vs hand made items for hobbyist.

Even with the best bypass’s….You still have the steel screws and the aluminum stanchions that hold the 2 PCB’s together in carrier lights.

Here is mister 22 amps. :smiley:

Was that on 2 converted carriers with all springs bypassed?

@Texas Ace, of course it is not practical for production. Doing 10 springs on such a huge light would cost a ton.

I would love to see if we could get some berrylium 45% AICS copper springs long enough to support it. Now that would make for an ‘’easy’’ mod.

Everything is bypassed now…after I melted the springs….

Brass screws for the center stanchions…

Even bypassed the silicone dome on the emitter…Completely De-domed P2-1A (not by choice) The closely shaved and polished job went up in smoke a couple months later…… :person_facepalming: But It came clean… :+1:

I’m trying to understand why use 2 carriers and not just one with 8 batteries ?

This allows flexibility. You can use 4 or 8. It goes back to the early design phase of the GT.

Also, there is no such carrier unless you fabricate one. It may not be worth the trouble.

I am in for a driver and PCB as soon as they are ready. Thanks

Me too - MCPCB , Driver and XHP ……. :smiley:

Me three!

It is possible I will have ~5 mcpcb’s available. Lumintop is being super stingy with these for some reason and have made it clear if they sell them alone the price will not be very cheap :weary:

I am still working on them, just not sure what is going to happen at this point.

I am not sure how I am going to sell these mcpcb’s, first I am building 2 complete xhp70.2 GT’s with the last of my drivers and they will be going up for sale. If anyone is interested let me know.

If no takers on here direct then I am guessing I will put them on ebay as the most fair way of selling them. Possibly do the same thing with the mcpcb’s.

Ok, I just put an XHP70.2 GT together with a Texas Avenger Driver, 4000k 80CRI XHP70.2 LED and custom centering ring.

Currently it has the dome on, the tint is just so pretty like this but I can dedome it as well. It gets warmer, around ~3500k-3700k I would say but it gains almost 50% throw.

I also took a lumen reading with a small reflector held over the LED on my newly calibrated sphere and it was doing just under 7,000 lumens.

I plan to list it at ebay auction tomorrow unless someone on here wants it first.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Really tempting to buy that setup from you, or at least make an offer…if only I hadn’t purchased a second GT specifically for this purpose. I can’t really justify three of them lol. Or even one or two for that matter.

Definitely interested in a dedomed 4000k led on an mcpcb if/when they are available. I will monitor this thread for updates on that.

Yes, I can reflow LED’s onto any extra mcpcb’s I have available before selling them.

I just have to see exactly how many I will have first. They are surprisingly hard to wrangle out of Lumintops hands. Took me over a month of asking and waving money to get these lol.

I am interested in a driver and MCPCB with a XHP70.2 on it, as soon as they are ready. Thanks
Let me know how much ” PM ” me or what ever is easy for you, I’m working on a build with a MT35 PLUS, guessing it will fit ??

I really do not know if it will fit. I am pretty sure the MT35 uses screws to mount the driver instead of a retaining ring. Also no idea about the mcpcb. I don’t have an MT35 myself to compare.

Maybe someone else knows?

Hi TA, I’m still very interested in the driver + MCPCB with the XHP70.2. But before I commit fully to this, can you give us a price? (or estimate if you’re not exactly sure yet.) Thanks.

I really don’t know on the price yet. The driver will be around $20 like most of my drivers but the mcpcb is a wild card.

Right now they are very expensive since lumintop just made some samples (for reasons I can’t understand). When they make them in bulk the prices should be much more reasonable but I am not sure exactly what it will be.

If I had to guess an official complete kit with all the parts needed to convert to xhp70.2, including the mcpcb, driver, xhp70.2, centering ring ect would be around $50-60 but that is purely a guess at this point. They have not given me much in the way of pricing on future orders.

But figure $20 for the driver, $15-20 for the mcpcb, $15 for the LED + centering ring + shipping and this price range seems plausible. I know there will need to be a reasonable profit margin in it for them for them to agree to it.

I am thinking about putting one up for auction with the GT and seeing what it sells for on ebay today / tomorrow evening. I will post a link to both auctions when they go live.

Also thinking about putting up one of the Lumen spheres I have left while I am at it. Just not sure how best to describe it / picture it for ebay. Course that goes for the GT as well

I also have about a dozen lights here I need to finish modding today. Just a little work to do today lol.

I am interested in a driver, MCPCB and XHP70.2
Please PM me when they are available.