I’m not sure what he is doing there, maybe he’s using a small fet, an inductor and some resistors to replace the 7135’s. The inductor is small so it will have some resistance and maybe the inductance might smooth out some flicker at moon.
I’d like to ask him about it but he hasn’t logged on for a while.
I have wanted to implement one of they key styles to my new drivers but have not seen a good writeup on how the pinout, spacing ect should be. Is there a thread about this someplace? Possibly a pattern for the vias?
Also naturally an oshpark design for the key itself is needed.
Switching to QFN is what I’m hoping for, this will allow switching to a MCU with more pins as well as more memory. Toykeeper has started work on making Anduril compatible with an 841, I don’t know how much progress has been made or if she has any hardware to test with.
I did indeed get a GXB172 driver and it is really nice. No issues I just sadly have not had the time to really dig into that project. I am still a massive fan of that driver setup, I think high current boost drivers are the future for 1 or 2 cell lights. Only real issue I had with this light was the firmware, I am so used to Bistro/Narsil it is really hard to use anything else, even if it is ok by itself.
I have been wanting to swap out the LED for one of the 90cri XHP50.2’s I ordered some time ago but just never got around to it. Every time I think I will have time to play with those a prototype or issues pops up with one of the projects I am working on and sucks the time away lol.
I wasn’t expecting there to be anything wrong, Gao seems really gifted at this stuff. He’s released a revision on Oshpark but its mostly moving components around and cleaning up some silk screening. Some minor changes to allow the use of e-switches. Added some alternate parts for 12v led’s to the BOM.
I could live with the firmware if I could adjust the levels somehow. Hopefully Toykeeper figures out the 841 and making the necessary changes to Bistro isn’t too hard.
I have build a Convoy C8+ and S2+ and a Sofirn C8F using TA drivers with some nice and useful help from this thread.
Now I have built a 2S clicky TA driver for a XHP70 flashlight but it won’t light up. First when I soldered everything it worked with only one high mode. After some tweaking it completely stopped working and didn’t light up any more. If I connect the wires to the XHP70 the dies glow slightly.
To me it seems everything is connected properly but I don’t know why it doesn’t work then. Is anyone familiar with this symptoms? Could you please suggest me where to find the error?
I used only the driver and the led for testing. I stopped before the MCPCB got hot so if I hold the thin leads of the battery holder to the led it still works. It could have been a short first but the driver stopped working completely now.
Yes, if you are using it with 2s voltages then you really need one of the LDO versions of the drivers. Technically you can use a zener diod but frankly I never trusted it after having random issues when doing it that way. I just removed the pad from the last designs.
I’m not sure if it applies in this case but I have been having some shorting issues. The solder mask over the vias is a little thin on the spring side 7135’s on my last batch of 17mm’s.
Checking for shorts after building the driver shows nothing. Solder on the spring and negative wire by the fet and its a dead short from the negative wire to ground.
Also the Infineon fet’s are fragile. I’ve popped a couple of them testing with a 5 amp protected cell. Starts off with a faint glow in the led with the light off, gets brighter over time and then it doesn’t glow or turn on any more.