Texas Avenger "TA" Driver series - Triple channel + Bistro or Narsil + Clicky or E-switch - The Ultimate open source driver!

The Narsil v1.4 and NarsilM code has the option to turn the light on at highest mode
but instead alter the code to Moonlight would this code change do it?

I got atm only a assembled light which is potted so I cant test it

{
#ifdef STARTUP_LIGHT_OFF
modeIdx = 0; // power on with no output
#else
modeIdx = 1;
if (ramping)
{
outLevel = rampingLevel = 255; // power on at moonlight
SetLevel(outLevel);
}
#endif
}

#ifdef STARTUP_2BLINKS
if (modeIdx == 0)
{
Blink(2, 80); // power on with 2 Blinks
}
#endif

just how to get it to last memorized mode I cant find that easy

where to download latest version of this?

(SMT Stencil) Order from China, very cheap, for TA series

I would be happy to get one of those containing stencils for all board sized
but I got no idea how to get this done from the files on Oshpark

I’d be interested too for a stencil for 22mm , 30mm and an old wight design i use …

It is very simple, just download the files from oshpark, then upload them to oshstencil. Select the options you want and press order. They will be headed your way in a few days!

yeah but I need for each board size that has different mask a front and back stencil

for 17mm, 21mm, 30mm, 38.5mm, 46mm 1S 46mmm 2S thats a lot of stencils cost me easily over 100$

Oshstencils would send me 14 of those sheets even if it would fit on 2 of em if putting more than one stencil on a sheet of steel

Osh only sends you the stencil you order, they cut the sheet to size and charge you by the inch. Just like oshpark does.

They charge me for the full size of the sheet not only what is cut out
For a single side 17mm stencil I could get 2 dozen PCBs

Thats not how I was charged or how they list their pricing on the site: https://www.oshstencils.com/ (click Pricing on the left).

I was charged between $2-$5 for mine. Although they do have a minimum order of $5 IIRC, so if you order less then that, it will still charge you $5.

That said, they are not the cheapest option for larger orders but they are simple, easy and fast. Just like oshpark. For larger orders there are much better options then oshpark but for small orders you can’t beat them.

Although if you know of another place that would be cheaper, go for it. Putting a bunch of different designs onto a single sheet could prove interesting.

Just built a light with a TA driver from Lexel.

Having huge problems with the medium press, if i wanna medium press i need to hold it for about 10 seconds.
Is the only solution to get a OTSM driver?

I had the same effect with my self built TA drivers. Just changed OTC capacitor from 1uF to 0.1uF and problem solved.

Aha i see. Sounds easy enough. My driver is a 2s LDO driver would that make a difference?

Yeah reducing the capacitor to 0.33uF or lower helps to adjust the timing

Maybe add a 0.5, 0.33 and 0.2uF capacitor to all drivers of new batch, but most drivers are OTSM

Probably the 2S setting need always a reduced capacitor, I tested the 2S with a Triple and 4.2V power supply, so I missed that the 2S has a way too long timing with 1uF

OTSM fix this issue

Also hot driver messes up the timing if you are not using special temperature stable capacitors for 30-40 cents, but it has to be the a cutomized size to match the MCU to get the timing on all drivers the same

My two drivers what I talked about are 1s TA17-s and used them with clicky switch. One is in a triple xpl-hi flashlight and one is in a C8 with a single XP-L2.

Are you using a lighted tailcap or a indicator LED?

Any changes to the driver from how it is speced in the OP?

Nope no tailcap or indicator led.

I would not know about any changes other then a LDO, Lexel built the driver.

I have ordered some other capacitors and will try swapping the otc cap.

It is possible that the LDO is causing the problem I suppose. It has not really been tested on bistro with an OTC that I am aware of.

Although if you are ruining the driver with more then 1S voltage that could most assuredly cause things to be off.

You should be able to use a smaller OTC to fix it, if it is really 10 seconds then a .1uf cap should make it about 1 second.

Yeah it is living a hard life in a Convoy M1 driving a XHP50.2 at 9.8A on startup :smiling_imp:
So i cant blame it for being abit off hehe

Btw, have you changed the mode groups to something other then what is on the list in the OP?
I might be wrong but i can swear i set it to mode group 15 but i have 6 modes now and group 15 have 5 modes in the OP

Don’t forget that moon is counted separately from the rest of the modes, you can turn moon on or off in the menu. If you turn it off it should be correct.

The modes in the op should be right depending on what lexel used. I released a slightly revised version a few weeks ago I call V1.3. Mostly just minor changes that I think work a bit better in the real world after using it for a year. You can see the layout of the revised modes if you download the firmware zip file.