TF F15-T6 bites the big one :-(

Hey my Trustfire F15-T6 just bit the big one … Did the dreaded blue tint. More and more blue and then poof, she no work.

The problem is it takes a 20mm driver. Somehow I know the answer before I even ask … Anyone know where I can get a quality 20mm driver?

I remember going to see Marta Becket when I was a youngster.But that doesn’t beat the crazy times I’ve had running around Furnace Creek and other locales in the area when I was just old enough to drive.Lordy have mercy!!!.
jensen

Copied from this post:

Dang! That's a good find! (Wonder why I never noticed it.) Although I see it has "next mode memory" unless several hours pass. Does have low voltage protection though and it's cheap. Wonder how many AMC's we could stack up to increase current? (I/O sells them too.) If you stack another AMC on each one you'd get 2.1A (probably what you want to drive the A60 hard).

I was going to suggest using one of these from I/O as an adaptor to fit a smaller driver in a 20mm driver space. I was wondering about trying this with my HD2010, but I'm not sure if it provides enough thermal path for the driver (or how much thermal path I need). Any thoughts? This better than the "retaining ring" method? (I know this is an A60 thread, but the concept is still valid here.)

-Garry

>>>>>Dang! That’s a good find!

Boy, you’re not kidding. Thank you!!! (Did I say thank you?) If it works (which I assume it will) I have a couple more lights that need a new 20mm driver either because of lousy power or horrible PWM.

This, however, is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. One more sentence on the site would have explained it for all, without fear of messing it up. As is, it’s the guessing game. Reminds me of when I first starting building PCs in like 1990: VAGUE directions for newbies ……………

I assume this star stuff means connect one to the ground ring with solder for desired mode group? If not, what does it mean?

1st Star : Low (10) - High (100)

2nd Star: Low (5) - Medium (30) - High (100%)

3rd Star : Low (5) - High (100) - Strobe

4th Star : Low (5) - Medium (30) - High (100%) - Strobe – SOS

Anyone know?

Also, I think if they tried a little harder, they could have put the positive lead in a smaller worse place.

But how can I complain when I have found the 20mm grail. WOWZA. Thanks!

>>>>>Marta Becket when I was a youngster.But that doesn’t beat the
>>>>>>crazy times I’ve had running around Furnace Creek and
>>>>>>other locales in the area when I was just old enough to drive.

Drop by next time you’re in the area and charge your 18650s!

Marta is still kicking — this week anyway —- but she is older than Death Valley. Nice lady though. Did her last performance last spring I think. Tom, her significant other and a ball of fire, passed away a few years ago.

She’s on the other side of the Valley and a half’s day drive round trip, so we don’t get over that way as much as we should. (Gas is like six bucks a gallon at Panamint Springs — hoo hah.)

Now if I can just recover from the da*n knee surgery, I can get outta da*n OC and back up north to home!!!

Drop by next time you’re in the area and charge your 18650s!

.I may just bring one by some time. :smiley:

Yes, connect stars to ground (solder blob between star and ground ring). I'm not sure which star is which, but I think they run right (#1) to left (#4). I thought the second part of my quote would be more appropriate for you - using that 20mm blank board to adapt in a 17mm driver of your choice.

-Garry