The 11th Annual Old Lumens challenge - Winners announced!

Go for it. There’s plenty of time.

2 Thanks

Huge thanks to the organizers this year, and best wishes to all the participants! Really looking forward to it.

3 Thanks

Looking forward to seeing what people enter this year.

I might enter it myself (in the unrestricted category), I’ve been building up parts for an RGB Emisar D1K and this might get me to finally assemble it. Fishing all the wires through the shelf is gonna be tricky, all 9 of them.

2 Thanks

Nice to see the Old Lumens Contest up!!! :+1:

Thanks @Hoop for running it once again!

I am not sure if I will be in or this year’s competition, but 69 days is still lot of time, and… in the last 2 years I made my mind almost when the curtains were closing, so…I’ll see if one of my delayed projects will be up for this.

In any case, today I carried The Bistrix Mule, which is my mod from last year’s OL Contest!

Good luck to all the contestants and, at least, I hope to see some nice builds and/or mods :wink:
Cheers folks :beer:

1 Thank

Thanks for taking on the responsibilities for managing the 11th Annual Old Lumens Challenge. I wish to enter in the Hand Made category. No idea yet what will come of my effort this year. I have started a topic over here at the end of this link.

1 Thank

So just a single entry total? Or up to one entry per category?

Thanks for putting this on. I’m looking forward to it!

1 Thank

You may enter a single build into one category. One entry total.

Make it a good one!

3 Thanks

It’s my intention to build a light for this challenge in the Hand Made Category.

I started a Topic here:

First time I hear of this. I’m not even a modder (except on the firmware side) much less a builder, but will be watching with interest.

Good luck to all participants!

1 Thank

Thank you to Convoy for sponsoring this year’s contest!
Convoy
Convoy is offering a choice of any flashlight from the Convoy store!
UPDATE: Convoy has also donated two 3X21D SBT90.2 flashlights as prizes. (3x P42A cells included with each light)

11 Thanks

Thank you SKYLUMEN for sponsoring this year’s contest!

sky-lumen

SKYLUMEN is offering a Weltool T1vn with SFT40 6500K or SFT40 5000K + User programmable DriverVN4, OR a “Mystery Flood” light, OR a “Mystery Throw” light!

9 Thanks

Thank you Nealsgadgets for sponsoring this year’s contest!

Nealsgadgets

Nealsgadgets is offering a NLIGHTD L1 LEP Flashlight!

9 Thanks

Thank you CountyComm for sponsoring this year’s contest!

CountyComm has offered two prizes, a $100 CountyComm Gift Card and a $200 CountyComm Gift Card!

10 Thanks

I would be happy to participate but since I have to order components from AliExpress and still don’t decide what to order. It is hard to believe 66 days will be enough to complete my build if it is OK with @INeedMoreLumens and @MtnDon maybe we can porspone the deadline.

Wow! Great news!! I thought the 5000K version of the SFT40 was still unobtainable…

What do you think is the ideal duration for the challenge? Last year’s was 101 days so that was a pretty long one.

The free or cheap shipping options from China tend to take 15-21 days for me. Express takes ~7-12 days and is not that expensive but it’s not always an available shipping option.

IMO 3 months is ideal, sometimes you forget to order something or change planes during the build and need to order more components.

Extending the duration of the challenge is okay with me. I guess that would push the complete-by date to after Christmas? That too would be no issue for me.

An end date of 1/1/2024 would make for a contest duration of 100 days, with 94 days remaining from now.

1 Thank