The 12th Annual Old Lumens Challenge - 2024 - Has officially begun!

I have a concept (and it’s a fun one) but I’m not really sure what to chose in terms of emitter, driver, optic to really make the project ahem shine. Is troubleshooting that and figuring it out on my own part of the challenge, or am I cool to seek guidance in my project thread, or elsewhere?

2 Thanks

I think you can text the organizers (you could last year), ask here or make your build thread and see if people reply to it. Usually there is a good bit of interest

2 Thanks

Feel free to ask for any advice and guidance you need, in your build thread or elsewhere.

3 Thanks

The prize pool is Olympic sized this year.

Huge thanks to our generous sponsors:

ACEBEAM
ACEBEAM is offering two of their newly released TAC 2AA (Blue version)! ACEBEAM says it is the brightest 2AA LED Flashlight yet, and that they are the first manufacturer of portable lighting tools to use the Luminus SFT25R 6500K HI LED in mass production. Sweet!

Brinyte
BRINYTE has generously offered two PT16A (Outdoor Kit) flashlights, and also two ZT40 flashlights! The ZT40 is unreleased as of now and will be available in January of 2025.

convoy_logo
Convoy has contributed two 3X21D SBT90.2 flashlights to the prize pool! (3x P42A cells included with each light). Thanks Simon, for showing up to the party with the big beamers once again!

FlashlightGo_logo_cr
Our friends at FLASHLIGHTGO.COM are offering a Jetbeam E26 SFT40, you choose the color! Awesome, thank you FLASHLIGHTGO!

Nealsgadgets
Nealsgadgets is offering an NLIGHTD L2 Copper LEP flashlight, and also an NLIGHTD E1 Aluminum with SFT25R LED, and also an NLIGHTD E1 Aluminum with Nichia 519A(4500K,3500K,3000K)! The E1 is the LED version of the L2. (Product link coming soon) Wow, thanks Neal! These are some handsome lights.

5 Thanks

Wow!

I have taken the first step. A thread has been started.

This is MtnDon’s Hand Made category entry in the 12th Annual Old Lumens Challenge.

7 Thanks