The 5 (or 10) flashlights that every BLFer should own

IMO you can group them in 6 categories:

1. AAA or AA/14500 or single 123 shorty-type torches - These are the little ones you EDC or stash them everywhere. My fav is a 4Senvens Quark MiNiX 123 as it was gifted to me but otherwise I would not fork out $50 for this thing - not worth it IMO as I'm cheap. I have couple dozen Sipik clones because they meet the criteria of being small, light, bright & most importantly cheap cause I need lots of them.
  2. P60 type torches - my favourite is a hand warmer/massager, Solarforce L2X but yet again, I have many WF-502Bs & clones I give away. Anyways it's the drop-ins that really matter in this case.
  3. C8 style torches - to me the hosts are not important in this case as I think of them as utility torches (most used). I like the style and light-weight of the Kegos KE5 but the UF clones are a 5min mod to upgrade the driver. They are built pretty tough and most importantly, they are cheap!
  4. Thrower torches (I rarely use these but my modded TF X9 was my first re & re project so it has a place in my heart. Upgraded the LED to U2, upgraded the driver to 3A, changed the modes to H-M-L and got rid of the flashies. Eventually I like to be able to program the driver to send out morse code that spells, F - U or whatever floats your boat.
  5. A WOW torch and a generic incandescent (I tend not to spend over $30 for a torch but I broke my rule when I recently bought 2 DRYs. It's a WOW torch because everytime you put it on turbo, they go "WOW". The generic incandescent flashlight is just to show people what the difference is between a blaa torch and one that blinds you.

As a flashaholic I believe it is YOUR responsibility to get people into this cult. I feel like a drug dealer sometimes. Usually I gift them a free $5 light (sipik clone) and then they usually come back asking for something more powerful like a P60 type or C8 style torch. Then you show them the address to BLF...

Support smaller shops, get NW setup, everyone wins!

AAA: DQG Tiny II NW (out of stock, new version to come soon?)
AA: DQG AA NW
3xAA: Cyclone C88 NW
1x18650: XinTD C8 NW (or some P60 host with intl-outdoor 3A NW dropin)
2x18650: Shadow TC6 NW (SMO for some throw)
3x18650: DRY NW
4x18650: SKYRAY King NW

AAA keychain on NiMH: upcoming DQG Tiny III NW

AA on NiMH: Hugsby P31 (if you get one without mixed up drivers) or Klarus P1A

2AA on NiMH: Fenix E21 or Klarus P2A

1x18650 compact: UF 2100 5-mode with SF Clip (but has stupid strobes) or T-mini from CNQ

1X18650 P60: L2P reverse with Manafont dropin

1x18650 C8-style thrower: XinTD C8 NW

Hmmm, I just realised that most of my recommendations are in the $30-35 range... which is on the higher end of my lights... coincident?

To each their own, that's why no one really represents BLF. Individuality.

AA NiMH- Maglite

C NiMH- Maglite

D NiMH- Maglite

ANY other battery and any other configuration of components - A Modded Maglite

LOL, I know, I know........Tongue Out

I'm with Don. Get those lights Erik mentioned and you will not only be well entertained, you will own a group of the best performing flashlights available anywhere, at any price. There's a long list of expensive, name brand torches that we hardly ever talk about ('cause they ain't budget) but even some of those would have a hard time hanging with a few on E's list.

Foy

AAA a cqgs S1 or a thrunite ti

2AAA saik 207 or streamlight stylus pro

3AAA L2i or Tank 737

Cr123 ex-10 nitecore or edi-t T-11

AA D-10 nitecore or tank 566

2AA fenixE21 or a tank 566w/extra tube

3AA mcu c-88

4AA fenix LD-40

Zoomie/Flood2throw-Edi-t P4 or tank737

18650 RominsenT601 or solarforce L2t

D 2D Maglite clone