The best 18650???

I just yesterday tested 10 top cells on my 17 emitter 5 driver 458 Ham’r and found the Samsung 25S delivered significantly more Amps than even a Sony VTC5A, a brand new 30Q couldnt compete… the 25S gave 28A from a single cell, bested only by the larger 21700 30T.

4 of these 25S cells in the 458 Ham’r deliver enough Amps to push 25,427 lumens out the front, with an estimated 86.6A.

I have over 300 Li-ion cells, these really surprised me!

Now, if you could make it hold that output for three hours, there’s a nice lady that would love to throw money at you. :money_mouth_face:

Yeah, well, we both know that can’t happen. And said nice lady is looking for something that most probably cannot be done. Ever measure big lumens from an UV emitter? Ever see a bug zapper that was brilliantly bright? Does it need to be? And still, why use our Li-ion’s to run a 3 hour project light, why not a small cart battery or a marine battery? I mean, put it all in a box and dolly it out to the site, doesn’t have to be hand held… And that may be where I actually go with a future light, marine cell with the cajones to last a while.

That is, of course, if I remain capable of making lights at all. Gotta get through all this cold wet yucky season and see where things are…

Sorry for a noob question, but why would you need a 20 amp battery, if you run led chip only at few amps anyway ?

Hello Bimmber,

You wont need even 10 amp cells for most lights, but there are more and more lights coming out that require high drain (high Amp cells) to reach the highest output.

For me two lights that fit that are the Emisar D4 and The Olight X7. Although there are many, many more. It all depends on your specific light and it’s requirements.

Which led chips would require high drain? XHP70 ?

Almost all the current lights out there would be well served with Samsung INR18650-35E or Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA. These are good to go up to 10 amps. Need less sag, then Samsung INR18650-30Q for those 15 amp loads. The list of factory and semi-custom lights really needing more amperage than these is very short.

Molicel P26A beats VTC5A+D and 25S

That’s a pretty open comment. Size? Total output? Sustained amperage? The ability to take damaging abuse? Price?

Sorry David. I did’t notice your quote.

I have a cell labeled BLF Special Edition 30Q inside.

I was wondering how old this might be as it falls short of my LG cells.

Where did you purchase your 25s from? And what is this 458 hamr I been hearing about. Did you ever make a thread on it Dale?

There is no such thing as an BLF Special Edition 30Q (unless someone is selling a fake). You are likely seeing a 30Q that was included with a light labeled as a BLF Special Edition (like the BLF A6 / Astrolux S1), but it’s a Samsung 30Q like any other.

Google ‘18650 date code lookup tool’.