The BLF DeLight

One Hour

Two hours

Three hours - uploading as I type.

The first DeLight (The working one of the original batch I got) has decided to call it a day - or at least it was dimmer than the Powerlight. It probably has the nicest beam colour of all of them.

Eight lights still running - will turn them off when I go to bed and resume after work tomorrow.

3hr from an Eneloop isn't that great. But it does have the nicest tint of them all.

Cell down to 0.9V so it had thoroughly emptied it. Will take a note of the mAh it takes to bring them back to full.

The right hand Powerlight is noticeably brighter than the left hand one now.

4 hours - looks like this batch of DeLights have better runtimes. All are noticeably less bright though. Will turn them off shortly and resume tomorrow.

Took some care to keep the lights in the same order. As long as I don't knock the door before I resume, all should be well.

Cool man......for the price you just cant beat it.

These all already have 4 hours on the clock. The first DeLight quit quite early at 4 hours or thereabouts. According to the charger it put 2200mAh back into the cell which is probably about 18/1900mAh out of it. The first batch one is clearly a higher power consumption device than the second batch ones. There are other differences which I'll photograph tomorrow. Restarted at 19:08

Talking of batteries - just back from trying to get a friend's car started outside B&Q (Same idea as Home Depot in the US). Turned out to be a broken battery clamp - Nissan designed that one really badly, but thought it was the battery in the remote. So wandered into the store to get a CR2025 as the CR2016s were too thin and the CR2032s too fat. £3.78 ($5.29). DX would send me 30 of them for that!!!

First of the new DeLights bites the dust. the cell voltage was a hair under 1.2V but it had become very dim - I was expecting a voltage below 1V. Down to 7 lights running now. These pics are NOT of absolute, but relative brightness.

The 5th from the left (4th from the right - a very faint spot in this pic) has now been retired for battery charging.

Who just closed the door without thinking?

Doh!

They probably aren't in the same order now apart from the Powerlights at each end. The two greener DeLights are still at the same end though.

I would have loved to see the look on your face bud........must have been priceless.Innocent

It was one of those "I can't believe I just did that" moments. Like the day I was putting new speakers in a car door. Wanted to route the cable where it wouldn't be nipped by the door. So held the cable in place at the hinge end with my thumb and then closed the car door. The people around were all laughing at me, but it was way too painful for me to laugh about it then.

Lol, dont worry man i still have days like those. Pain now and laugh about it later.

The funniest one was the day I ended up using my face as the brake for my motorcycle. I was driving it up the steps to the verandah (If I left it outside bits got stolen off it) when I went a bit too far to the right and smacked my face into the steel pole holding up the verandah roof. Broken nose, blood everywhere and the guy I shared the house with rolling about laughing - and me saying in a very nasal voice, "That's not funny!"

Actually it must have been hilarious to watch.

The house in question

It must have been.......too bad i wasnt there. It would be a good story to tell all your friends with a drink in hand.

Sorry to say this Don but thanks for the laughs. Laughing I needed that.

If it still worried me, I'd not have mentioned it...

The motorcycle episode was in 1985, the car door episode in 1982. Safe enough to laugh now - the pain is long forgotten.

A couple more are going to drop out shortly I think.

Dang now those are some long running lights......

I got somewhere near 24 hours of usable light from a good Alkaline battery with the Powerlight. They really excel in this aspect. Beam quality too is up there with the best of my lights. The DeLights are, well, noticeably cheaper. Could be because they cost $1 and the Powerlight costs $4.28?

3 more DeLights have crapped out. 4 lights till running after 7 hours. Pic uploading now.

The three I've just retired are now down to a level low enough that it is comfortable to look straight into the LEDs.

The last two DeLights have crapped out.

Will leave the two Powerlights running overnight.

I was thinking since the lights can tailstand that these would def make good nightlights, because of the long runtime.